January 25, 2015 | 2096 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2015 9:30:00 PM More reviews by dribi

I have a very sensitive and oily skin, but if there's an acid that helps me keep my acne under control, it is the Salicylic. I usually use the Effaclar Deep Cleansing Foaming Cream, but as I live in Brazil and I can't find this product here, I decided to try this Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit. Well... I must say it was the worst choice I've ever made. There's a famous saying here in Brazil that says: Don't make any changes on a team that's winning... And well... I should've trusted it. I used it 4 times and at the beginning I actually thought it was a great product, until my neck started to get really red and itchy. As it was only my neck and not my face, I thought it was due to the high temperatures we're facing this summer, so I used this product just one more time... It was enough for me to get tiny bumps aaaaall over my face, followed by redness and itchiness on the most sensitive areas. It's not comfortable, I couldn't sleep at night due to the itchiness and what's making me even more regretful is that I've been on this situation before and I remember that it ended up giving me the worst breakout I've ever had. I really do not recommend this, to some people it may actually work, but to those who have sensitive skin, there are other products better formulated and not that harsh on the skin... Don't make the same mistake I made. I've never written a review on MakeupAlley before, but I felt that I needed to alert people about this terrible face wash...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2015 9:42:00 AM More reviews by lucyszx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this product! Really helps to make your skin more even and soft - even helped calm down my breakouts a bit!

The only thing I'd say is that it won't make your spots/acne disappear completely but I've noticed that it's reduced mine significantly.

I will definitely keep repurchasing this!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2015 2:43:00 PM More reviews by madisondelrey

This product was horrible. My skin was clear at this time. I used this product two days (morning and before bed) and when i woke up my face was so itchy and wouldnt stop itching. FYI, i used a moisterizer with this. The next day i woke up my face was scaly and red, also still very itchy. I stoped using it and had to go to the dermo. So this produch was a horrible experience..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by silviapco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after seeing it was highly recommended by one of my favourite YouTube gals, Sinéad (aka TheMakeupChair). She raves about this wash in her videos as it being the only thing that helps with her acne and breakouts, so I was eager to give it a go. I quickly found a reasonably priced listing on eBay and bough it along with the moisturiser from the same range.

And then I came to MakeupAlley and read the reviews, and I was scared out of my mind. Oh *%$&, why had I wasted my money?

Thankfully my experience with the product is nothing like most reviews here. After reading the warnings about how it dries out the skin, I decided to follow an advice given by Sinéad in her videos: I dilute the product as much as I can. Meaning, I get my face dripping wet, and then I use very tiny amounts of product. I've been using it for a week and a half following this method, and I absolutely love it. It cleans my skin, hasn't caused any kind of irritation or dryness so far, and, most importantly, it clears my spots overnight. I do not have aggressive acne, but I tend to have small "colonies" of spots in my chin and forehead, and this has greatly helped to reduced them. I was especially impressed when it shrunk a huge red pimple I had growing on my chin - and this was the very first time I used it.

The only downside to this gel is the scent. It smells very "chemical", very artificial. It doesn't bother me so much as long as the product itself does what it should, but still, not pleasant. The packaging on the other hand is great, very hygienic.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This made my face feel dry if you have oily skin maybe this will work better for you

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by lovemeforever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I need a good face wash that cleans off my makeup residue and doesn't irritate my skin. This irritates my skin and clogs my pores I would rather use water than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by KyleeMcK

I did not like this product at all. after using it once, I found that my skin felt like it was stinging and was try after I finished washing my face. after a few days of use, my skin began to become very flaky and dry and painful. this lead to dry skin cells clogging my pores, creating more acne. My acne got a lot worse after using this product. I think that anyone who tries this product should have a veerrry heavy duty moisturizer on hand. As this cleanser is extremely drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by zipt

I definitely love this product. M using it for a while and my blackheads disappeared. Cleaning my skin very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by MollyParton

I bought the face wipes from this line and loved them; my chin, which is prone to acne, cleared up, my skin felt soft, and it was nice to have something quick and reliable on hand; the products smell wonderful and are beautifully packaged to boot. So, when I ran out of my normal cleanser, I decided to try this one; it's less expensive than my usual, which was a nice perk. I really wanted to love this cleanser and was so looking forward to seeing results, but I'm four days in and my skin is itchy and red and looks and feels burned. I'm seriously concerned about how long the damage will take to repair. I thought perhaps it was the change in the weather (it is windy and cold where I am) but my lips and body are fine; just my face is burned and itchy :( so sad. I'm not willing to continue to use a product that's burning my face just because I paid money for it, so it'll probably get thrown away. If your skin errs on the dry or sensitive side I wouldn't try this cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Ditty109

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a horrible product for me. I have dry acne-prone skin and had seen good reviews about this cleanser and matching scrub so gave them ago. I had breakouts across my chin in a couple of days after using them twice a day and I had to use them up because I didn't want to waste any money. Very disappointed!