October 21, 2014 | 1605 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by DG001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never ever written a review, but this product deserves a special mention. I've never in my life used a product so crappy, that it gave me depression. I wish I could give a minus rating.

I generally like Neutrogena's products, specially the Neutrogena Naturals. This time, I couldn't find it in store, so I picked the GrapeFruit one. Holy Moly! my life just took a downward curve. I generally have periods of rosacea and I drink alcohol once in a while.

So when I started this product 5 days back, the second day, my skin started inflaming and I thought that my rosacea flares are back, kept trying for next 3 days and my skin had inflamed like never before. I thought maybe it was the alcohol, so I cut it down, started taking rosacea medicine, but I didn't doubt the product. No reason to doubt Neutrogena!

Day 6 (today), I got up and my skin was peeling and even touching or moisturizing the face hurts. As it is Saturday, I had some time to think if I was doing something different and casually started searching for Neutrogena grapefruit reviews. Lo and Behold! This has been the reason of my agony, my missed workout sessions, missed outings for the week. I can't hate it enough. I hope Neutrogena takes this off their shelves. I'm praying my skin goes back to normal, as I have some improtant events to attend next week.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Newoneill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the smell, wakes me up in the morning. Throughout whole bottle, I didn't get any breakouts which is good for me, as I have the type of skin that if a particular cleanser isn't for me, I will have breakouts in two days.

Verdict: Love it.

However, I wouldn't repurchase it as I like to try out new cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not a huge fan of this cleanser. It works well, and it has an interesting smell to it; but I just find that the other Neutrogena cleansers work better than this one and also, this one feels like it is a bit....'harsher' for a lack of a better word than the other Neutrogena cleansers-it really isn't harsh at all but it really has a different cleansing feel to it than the others. Overall, I have to say that while it isn't bad I'm just not into it enough to buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by materialgirl897

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Horrendous product, my chin and cheeks are currently bright red and so dry from one use of this product. It's chemically burned my skin. I'm hoping I can get it sorted but God knows what is in this to create this kind of reaction! Don't buy it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by sowaba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The is the worst face wash I have come across. I used it for just one night few months back and after that I end up having a full swollen acne covered face. had 3 months treatment afterwards. this product should b banned ! although packaging is handy. the only pros is that u can use the pump for putting something useful in it after of course throwing this evil liquid in trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAlley123456789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone skin and have been fighting with it for quite some time now. A few months ago, a friend recommended Neutrogena products for acne to me, so I to checked out their website to see what they've got. I decided to give the Pink Grapefruit Cleanser a try with pretty high expectations. I remember the first time I used it, it irritated my skin and when I woke up the next morning, I had a terrible breakout. I thought to myself, maybe in the beginning this is what's supposed to happen, so, stupid me, I gave it a another try and infact was patiently using it for another two months every night and morning! Unfortenately my breakouts were getting worse. I even took this product to my dermatologist and she told me it's a good product! After a while a gave up, obviously, this product wasn't doing anything good for my skin except drying it out and giving me a terrible breakout. I switched to some different product and my skin got back to the way it was a few months before I started using this product, meaning mild-acne. I must admit I do love the packaging but hate the product. I learned two lessons, never trust a dermatologist and never trust a friend who has a different skin type than you do.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by cbarber018

Horrible product but it does smell great. After using this product it made me break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Serena98

I know this is a lot of people's holy grail face wash but I honestly think it's crap, I have combination/oily skin and this made my skin SO dry and broke me out like crazy. I know a lot of people love the smell as well but I didn't even like that. Only pros to this product are the price (around 5) & packaging (pump bottle)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh. My. God. I wish I read the reviews before buying this. I had a couple of hormonal zits on my forehead and hoped this would clear them up. Less than a week later I have a half-dollar size area between my eyebrows FULL of little red zits. At least 15 of them. I don't know if it's an allergic reaction or an actual breakout but it looks terrible! Never has this happened with any product before in my life. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Why do they continue to make this junk.
Whose skin has it ever cleared??
The added scent to this makes it even worse for acne sufferers, just ridiculous if you ask me.