July 26, 2014 | 1481 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by babycat1973

I've been using this on and off for around 4 years now. I say on and off because I only wear it when I wear foundation and that isn't very often at all. That said, I've got through a few tubes of this.

Good bits: It feels lovely and makes your skin beautifully silky. It's easy to apply make up over and gets rid of nasty lines and pores (I'd happily say that it's the best product that I've ever used for that!). It does also mattify the skin, but that doesn't last for long enough. It's very reasonable price wise and I stock up on it when it's on offer.

Bad bits: It's very thick compared to other primers and can clog the pores if worn all day. The lovely Matt effect wears off a little too quickly and if you accidentally put too much on it can look as though your face is peeling off!

Conclusion: It's a pretty good product at a price that is a fraction of other primers (ie: Smashbox) which don't do the job nearly as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ff731emt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love MagiX it definitely followed through on all it's promises! 1. SPF, I'm in the sun all day with my jobs and I have to protect my face. This did the trick. 2. Keeps the shine away- yup, sure did it held strong for 11 hours straight before I needed to blot. 3. Smooths the look of pores and fine lines- absolutely, I felt they appeared diminished the first time I'd used it but continued using it for two more weeks before I reviewed to try and be fair. 4. Creates a translucent finish- yes, this is the look I've been searching for from BB Creams for so long yet haven't found!! Leaves skin feeling ultra soft- absolutely, silky smooth! I apply it with my fingertips all over my face, neck and decolletage blending out. I follow up with a light bronzer (a pressed powder 2 shades darker than my natural tone) and Highlight with Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana. MagiX lets your skins natural glow come through, without feeling oily! I tend to have sensitive skin and this does not irritate my skin in any way. The $6.99 for 1.0 fl oz is not bad, and they occasionally will have them on sale. This is a great primer, not only will I buy again, but I'm buying again before I run out!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by EmilyWales

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't find this a good primer, I have oily skin and found that it took away some of the oils from my face. It has a VERY low coverage I found myself using more than what I would with any other primer. But it is a nice product to take away oiliness, but I wouldn't recommend it as a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by mtnester

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. I have pretty good skin but visible pores and always some shine after applying my usual moisturizer. I use undereye concealer and then put a smidgen of this across my cheeks chin and forehead before using some blush. I don't use other face makeup because this works great. I have never tried the tinted magiX. This is better than any other primer product I have tried and far cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by AlexisB523

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. It totally blurrs the appearance of all my crazy large pores and gives a matte look to my crazy oily skin. My rub my face after i apply and it feels smooth and so soft. I wear this mostly alone because of the SPF 20 it offers, but when I do wear under a pressed powder or mousse foundation it blends smoothly, and helps my makeup last all day. This product is my holy grail of primers. Avon offers this product sometimes for 7.99 which is great because this 1oz bottle last long and a little totally goes a long way. EBay sellers offer it for good prices as well. I've been using this product for about a little over a year and won't wear anything else. There is no annoying fragrance and I experienced no skin irritation or breakouts. Awesome product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by glamycakes2014

i love this. i use it alone and it is wonderful. i love the smell and texture of this. it works so beautifully on my face. makes me feel nice and smooth. i also love how it turns into a powder. like i said i use it alone because i cant find a good foundation but i dont really need foundation. so yes i would repurchase this product

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by londontown

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm 56, with super oily, acne prone skin. I'm full of huge pores, acne scars & now red veins. What a mess! so I use full coverage foundation, my favourite being Estee Lauder Double wear. I have tried pore minimising primers (Benefit, Bellapierre, Clinique, Olay, Boots, MAC) and Avon Magix Primer/Pore perfector is by far the best for me! I've been buying it for the past 5 years. I gave it 4 lippies, not 5, because even though it is the best, my pores are still visible & my face becomes an oil slick after 4 to 5 hours (2 hours without this primer!). However, my pores look much reduced with this product. I carry it with me as my face gets very oily after 4 hours & I apply it over my T area & it mattifies & freshens the complexion without smearing whatever foundation is still there. If my pores are still too visible after applying the foundation, I just work it in more into the pores with my finger tip or add a little more. Using powder afterwards to set everything reduces the appearance of pores even further. I also really like the decent SPF in this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by VintagePro

I can't make this stuff work with liquid foundation. I have large pores, and it tends to make liquids pool or cake in my pores.

BUT... this stuff performs WONDERS under powder foundation. It improves powder's coverage and just makes my face look smoother and softer. When I wear this under powder foundation, I get compliments on my complexion all the time. AND it keeps oil under control enough that I can go the entire day without having to do a touch-up.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by IfeAde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OILY SKIN TYPES STAY AWAY!!!!!
this did nothing to keep my face oil free throughout the day. i had to touch up 3-4 times every day!!! its rubbish
price isnt bad esp if u get if off somewhere like ebay but its not worth it for me
no no!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by lcvp104

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use L'oreal True Match Liquid Make-Up and while I love it's buildable coverage and all the color options that allow me to find a perfect match to my tone... it doesn't last very long, even when I set it with powder. So, I was browsing through my co-worker's Avon catalog and this just called out to me. It seemed so lovely, promised much and was on special for like $5! I bought it, and fell in love with the cute little tube. Squeezed it out, and rubbed it on my face. Felt a bit grainy,but also smooth,and i thought "Heck, it's exfoliating me too". My face felt baby smooth, though I didn't notice much evening out of my skintone. Then again, that's what foundation is for. I applied my make-up, it went on smoothly, though after it looked a bit cakey-er than usual. I used my setting spray, and it mostly fixed it, but something still looked off (grainy?) Whatever. A few hours pass, and it's like I never wore any primer. My make-up is fading out same as always. Gave it another try afterwards, using more primer. This time my make-up did last a little more, but it always looked grainy, despite my smoothing/buffing and setting spray. Overall, this product promised me much, and delivered little. In the end, I only kept it for the SPF.