Vicks Vapor Rub

4.7

Active Ingredients: Camphor (4.8%), Eucalyptus oil (1.2%), Menthol (2.6%) Inactive Ingredients: Cedar Leaf Oil, Nutmeg Oil, Special Petrolatum, Thymol, Turpentine Oil

on 8/9/2015 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I've had a stubborn zit on my cheek for a couple of weeks. It would not go away until I put this on it. Overnight it went down 80%, no lie. All these years I coulda been using Vicks on zits... Had no idea until MUA. I usually only use this when I have the flu. My one complaint is how expensive it is. A six oz tub is $16.99 at CVS! I bought a little tin of it at the 99 cent store to carry around with me.

on 7/22/2015 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This stuff is absolutely THEE best for when you have a cold. Whether it's just sniffles or a full on deep nasty chest cold. I simply just rub this on my chest/lower neck at bed time and it really helps to clear you up. It helps break apart phlegm and nasty build up and allows you to breathe so you can sleep. Yes it is smelly, but it works. It also feels amazing to rub some of this on and hang out in a hot shower, allowing the steam to break apart the yuckiness and to help get over your cold quicker.

on 7/9/2015 7:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Okay this is going to be a strange review. I have been using this since I was a child, my mother would put it on my chest and follow up with a warm cloth when I was sick it relieved the congestion I was feeling and helped me sleep.
So Vicks is very comforting to me. It also happens to be one of my favorite scents!
It can be used so many ways under the nose on the temples, on the abdomen. It's always in my night stand.
The strange part of this review? A new jar of Vicks doesn't smell as good as an old. (I have three jars in my house) I think it needs time to cure to come to its full aromatic splendor. How do I know this, because I have a jar that is about 15 years old.

on 7/9/2015 7:45:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

My mother used this, as did many mothers back then, as cold remedies. Heated just a little, spread on chest and around nose, flannel wrapped around neck. Raised temperatures, did absolutely nothing for colds/flu but created great discomfort for 'the patient'. Clogs pores.

My brother, a family doctor, can't believe this stuff is still on the market. It really does nothing but make you stink and feel worse than you should.

on 7/9/2015 7:01:00 PM

first of all, my grandmother used to spread this on our chests and then pin a flannel cloth over it. it was warm and very comforting. had she known about the cough/feet thing she would have done that, too. she also gave up catnip tea if we felt ill or were too overstimulated by playing to sleep.

I adored my grandmother.

I had a roommate once who put vicks inside her nose for a stopped up nose and dryness. this is, as it turns out, a bad thing to do on an ongoing basis. it has a petroleum jelly base which, if inhaled habitually, can often cause lung trouble, a chronic pneumonia-type thing.

also, I think I can say with some certainty that germs are not a problem with vicks. I don't think anything would survive in there. maybe if it came i vats that were open and various insect things got in there? fortunately, it is more often grandmothers...

hth someone. i got some ideas from this thread and will promptly begin a cough remedy..

dancer

on 6/29/2015 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

VICKS IS AMAZING! ITS AMAZING AND SMELLS AMAZING! IF YOU HAVE A COLD OR EVEN A STOMACH ACHE USE SOME OF THIS VICKS AND YOU WILL FEEL BETTER!

on 5/20/2015 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Use it weekly for stretch marks, cramps or headache etc. I wish would be portable without looking crazy carrying it in my gym bag I apply after hard workouts and helps push me with my next day workout if sore. I love the stuff. My stretch marks have almost clearing up and my legs get a glow if mix with little lotion for a outdoors swim the bugs will stay away:)

on 4/26/2015 2:16:00 PM

This is one of those products that I will always have around and will always love, full stop.
See, I grew up quite sickly and asthmatic, so my parents have been using it on me ever since I can remember. The scent/smell can be polarizing, but I personally love it because it soothes me and calms me down.
I use it for:
1. Aromatherapy/stress relief- I just take a whiff of it to calm me down.
2. Headache relief- I dab a bit on my temples.
3. Colds/fever- I do the usual (rub some on my chest, back, throat), & then slather the soles of my feet with it & then put on socks before going to bed. I always feel tons better the day after!
4. Zits/insect bites- I dab a bit on the affected spots & it helps tone down the swelling/redness.
5. To avoid icky smells- I dab a teeny bit under my nostrils.
6. Stretch marks- I massage some in the stretch marks at the backs of my legs and I swear it helped make them lighter.
I bet there are loads more uses for this that I haven't even discovered, it's that versatile! Bottom line is, every home needs this. Go get one (or five) now!

on 3/14/2015 10:10:00 PM

Bear with me folks. This IS an unusual review. I combine Vicks with Abolene and use a stomach rap and honestly swear that it works. I see a difference and, most importantly, can measure one. try it. Trust me

on 1/18/2015 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This has been a staple in my home for as long as I can remember.
My Nana used to slather it on our chests when we were sick or put a small amount under our noses for bed.
I still use it every single night! I go crazy and cannot sleep without it.

It is a great multi-purpose product. I use on my chest and neck when sick. On the feet covered with socks when someone has a cough. On my temples and neck for headaches and stress. On the tummy for belly aches or cramps. On minor aches and pains.
Works great on the feet to soften and also works very well to rid feet or nails of fungus.
Absolutely love Vicks. Oh how I wish there was a body wash. I would use it everynight before bed lol

Popular Other Products