November 23, 2014 | 1988 users online

Other - Vicks Vapor Rub

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i can't STAND the smell of this - and people swear by it and I suppose it does work for some, but it burns my nose, throat and eyes.

Yech!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by NatachaXoxo

LOVE THIS STUFF!!...not only for its actual use BUT for 2 unusual uses too:

1. Rub Vicks on your (or your children's) feet when u have a cough, to stop coughing at night &

2. For a CYSTIC PIMPLE!... It's the only thing I have found that has ever gotten rid of those swollen, painful under the skin pimples!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

Nothing, but nothing will open up your nose during a cold than this (swipe under nose). It is also great for a chest cold. Rub it on chest and place a hanky over it, then a heating pad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just to extoll another virtue of Vicks...I had a mild fungus on my toenails. (C'mon girls it can happen to anyone) I lost four yes four toenails!! In the summer!!! I have been very embarrassed....I did some research and the ingredients in Vicks are EXTREMELY effective against fungus. I have put this on my feet every night for the past two weeks and the white fungus is GONE! My toenails are growing back already!!! I wouldn't have believed it if it wasn't 100% true. My doctor is going to be surprised because when he checked them about a month ago, he said treatment for this problem is very difficult and ineffective. Well, sorry but he was wrong. I know this is not the most fun subject but it happens even to us girls. Try it! You can buy the generic brand with the same ingredients at the dollar store.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ariboogarcia

Vicks is the best thing that happened to my skin. It got rid of my stretch marks and faded my dark spots and bruises. It's good for more than colds and coughs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Awesomeangelface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have had athsma my whole life and one thing i cant live without is my vicks vapor rub. it is so relieving to be able to breath again. this stuff works wonders. i will pass it on to my children

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by ClaudieCat

This stuff is amazing!! The best thing in the world. It's my go to for everything! It's great for cramps, headaches, pain, belly aches, cold sores, ingrown toenail, etc. My grandmother has been using it since she can remember & so has my mother & me. Just trust me when I say this thing works on everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by mazlovesbetty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is fab for fungal nail. I went to the doctors and they gave me some paint on fungal treatment with emery boards. Unfortunately, it was difficult and messy and ran out quickly, and most days I couldn't be bothered with going through the difficult process.

I read somewhere that vaporub was good for this, and can vouch for it! I bought a jar and it is much easier and cheaper to slather on your nails than a time consuming polish. since beginning treatment I have seen a huge improvement in my nails. I'd recommend to anyone! (oh and it helped clear my athlete's foot up too. Not bad ;))

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by mrwata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read online that Vicks Vapor Rub works wonder on cystic acne. I had nothing to lose, so I went to the local pharmacy to try it out. I think the small jar was about $4.50. I rubbed the Vapor Rub onto my cystic acne on my forehead before I went to sleep. It's very minty and soothing. I had high hopes, but it looked exactly the same in the morning. The cystic acne was still the same size and it still hurt. I've tried a lot of home remedies for cystic acne, but nothing seems to work. The only solution that works for me is the cortisone shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect and cheap! Love it!