November 27, 2014 | 1479 users online

Powder - 24.7 Anti Aging Mineral Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by dixiefoxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried them all & I do mean all. 24.7 makeup is on par with the best of them.I have to mix 2 shades to get it right but have to do that with all of them.My 56 year old Chemo damaged skin looks better with 24.7 than all the rest. Its not sparkley & stays on till I take it off.The only thing I would add is sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by justmeliz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!
I've been using it for months. I have dark circles under my eyes. This stuff makes them disappear.
The bronzer and blush look very natural. It stays on all day. The only touch up I have to do is lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by femmedecoeur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never tried any mineral makeup, but I was sucked in to trying the kit that has 2 foundations, a bronzer, a blush, and 2 brushes at CVS because of the accompanying gift - the cute red faux croc wallet! Anyway, I'm an NC 30, 35 yrs old with mild rosacea, combination skin (some oiliness in t-zone), with fairly good skin as far as wrinkles go. I tried the "Medium" kit and the foundations were waaay too dark, then switched to "Light" and was very hopeful that at least one of the shades in this kit would work.

Unfortunately, both foundations were WAY too peachy-pink colored. I could wear the one marked "Light" better than the 2nd foundation (named "Fair" I think), but it just wasn't a great color match as it seemed to be more orange-peach tinted rather than the yellow tint that I need!

It did seem to actually give decent coverage of my mild rosacea, and it didn't emphasize my pores or fine lines as I was afraid it would. It's just too bad the color was so off in both foundations, they were both too peachy for me. Also, if the "Light" kit is the lightest they make, then I can't see anyone lighter than NW or NC 25/30 being able to wear it - it would be MUCH too dark in my opinion. It was almost too dark for my current NC 30 to wear, but part of that might have been due to the orangey/peachy/pinkish tint.

On the upside, I loved the bronzer and blush! The bronzer gave a nice "just spent a day in the sun" look,.and the blush has some slight shimmer/sparkle to it, but it's not at all garish, just noticeable in a pretty way in the sunlight (to me, ymmv of course). I thought it was a flattering pink shade which actually looked really good paired with the bronzer!

As far as the brushes, I didn't think the main foundation brush was very good at all, just like a run of the mill $3 powder or blush brush with rough-textured bristles, but the smaller "concealer" type brush seemed to have better quality, softer bristles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 1:42:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Loved this stuff way more than I thought I would. When I first opened the containers, it seemed like it was REALLY pink-toned. Just that scared me away to not use it for weeks after purchasing it. Then one day, I finally just decided to try it. I was amazed, I don't know if it adjusts or something, but it DID NOT look pink-toned on my skin. This stuff applies so flawlessly, with minimal effort. It's not matte, but not shiny, which I also really love. It comes with high-quality brushes and packaging. I also really do think that it's anti-aging and smoothes wrinkles, which I originally thought was a lot of hype. The only thing it lacks is SPF. Would definately repurchase! UPDATE: Where this is concerned, I admit defeat. I went to lunch with my bf and he told me I looked red and sunburnt. Looked in my review mirror and he was RIGHT. I looked atrocious. This stuff is just too pink toned and is going straight in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by JWILLS

I really really really wanted to like this but just didnt. It didnt stay on well, certainly didnt last through out the day. Provided very little coverage and it doesnt have SPF. Sorry, wont buy again and in fact this one is going back to CVS