August 29, 2014 | 1901 users online

Crème - Avon - Soft Matte Mousse Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by boobookittifukk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for the first time and I love it! I have light olive skin and the Almond shade suited me perfectly. For those who are worried about dipping their fingers in and hygiene, I would recommend using a foundation brush. I just dipped mine in, swirled it around a little, then applied to my face in circles. I got even coverage, it stayed matte ALL day without needing any powder on top (a godsend as I have quite oily skin) and it took away the redness on my skin. Will definitely buy more the next chance I get. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by beccyc123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The texture of this product is absolutely lovely. it feels so smooth and creamy. It also gives my skin a really flawless, smooth look.

I would buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Garna_Divka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This one used to look OK on my skin, didn't keep for 12 hours, but at least I wasn't looking shiny for half a day. I always added some setting powder, and this used to work well as an eyeshadow base. I wish they had some lighter shades of this mousse, the lightest one suited me only in summer when I got some tan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation provides light coverage only. Ladies who want medium coverage or who have uneven skin tone will not be happy with this foundation. I have pretty good skin, but I find that I need to apply three layers of this to get any kind of coverage at all. I really like this foundation, in spite of that. The reason is because it glides on like silk, so I don't have to tug or pull at my skin to apply it. Once it is applied, it blends perfectly into my skin and looks soft and smooth and natural. I love the matte effect it gives, again very natural. I have medium olive skin, and I purchased Almond. I probably could have gone with Nude or with one of the Beige colors, but the color selection is good, and I think you don't have to worry about choosing the wrong shade. The color choices are very realistic and soft. I am not crazy about having to dip my fingers into the jar either for sanitary reasons, and time will tell if the mousse dries out before I finish the jar. You get a lot of makeup for your money, too. Overall, this is a great foundation for light coverage, and I would have given it five lippies if I didn't have to apply three layers of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by almost40

Got this yesterday in ivory and its perfect! The colour is a perfect match to my skin,the mousse blends in seemlessly and my skin looks almost flawless.Its lasted well too so am very pleased.Am going to order more while you can get two for £10.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 7:48:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have lined but also oily skin so many matte foundations that control oil are a problem in highlighting my wrinkles. But not this one! They say it contains 15% moisturisers. The things I loved about this makeup are: It glides on easily without tugging, blends in quickly, dries to a silky-feeling softly matt finish with a soft-focus camera diffusing effect, and NEVER shows up my wrinkles. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive skin either, which is always a pre-requisite for me and any beauty product.

By the end of the day on me the makeup looks soft and dewy. For a controlled matt effect I need to use a separate mattifying primer lotion on my t-zone first, or use oil absorbing mattifying papers once or twice during the day, so it needs a little assistance. It comes in a neat little glass jar with a black lid thats easy to unscrew and get product out of.

The shade selection isn't really wide. For the winter I like the lightest color Ivory (slightly pink-neutral tone), the other light one in warm "nude" is very yellow.

I loved this product for years, but when I get a summer tan I always need to fuss around trying to find products to add a bit of color to my ivory foundation as the next shades up are too pink and yellow for me. (Porcelain is pinky toned, and the very popular Almond is slightly yellow toned.

I started looking around for something else to solve the haven't to blend a summer shade problem. Most other brands failed to compare to this in formulation, or were not much better at 3 times the cost, so I couldn't see the point.

But now I am now enjoying Everyday Minerals Foundations. I have found they are more natural on the skin because they have only 4 ingredients, and also they have a huge range of foundation colors (at least 32) in 4 finishes. Easy to find a match, and I enjoy custom blending them to suit my changing skin in the summer. Problem solved!! And buffing it on with the Super-soft Kabuki brush is fun!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No