Clinique Quickliner for Lips Baby Buff

4.6

on 4/12/2014 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this color!! I too am a MAC Subculture girl, but this has stolen my heart... I got this sight-unseen from a rec of a Clinique SA to go with Creamy Nude lipstick. Not only does it match perfectly, it will go w a lot of other lippies I have (VS Whisper, MAC Angel, EL Tiramisu, MAC Creme d'Nude, MAC Creme Cup, Clinique Tenderheart, WnW Bare It All, Nars O gloss, Clinique Think Bronze, etcetera lotsa others I own too!! Etc!!). It's so nice that I don't hafta sharpen it, it's very creamy texture, & is very close to my actual natural lip color, coz I dislike ombré lips. It was a bit expensive, but I know I will get a lot of use out of it, & the MAC lipliners retails for similar, but you have to sharpen them. This I can throw in my purse & not worry about carrying a sharpener w me, pencil shavings in the bottom of my bag, all that kinda pain that goes w having a pencil that's not automatic. I had Lipblush many, many moons ago, but Baby Buff is much nicer, it is more versatile. Baby Buff would be an asset to anybody's makeup bag whom likes nude lippies, you can even fill in your lips w this & put Carmex or Vaseline over the top. Out of all my auto lipliners, I get the most use out of this. Better than Jordana liners!!

on 11/15/2010 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this recently at Sephora and right now it's creamy, but I promise to come back in a month and knock a lippie off my rating if it dries out. So far it applies smoothly and stays on well, and because it's an automatic liner (swivel up, no sharpening), this one's going in my purse for convenience. The neutral pink-nude color is a perfect match for the only Clinique lipstick I own, which is Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick in Creamy Nude. I recommend this combo for a nice pinkish brown neutral lip that is fragrance-free. However, Baby Buff is a very versatile lip liner color so it also looks good with my Bobbi Brown Blondie Pink, with Rouge D'Armani in Beige 105 and many other pinks and nudes. This is a great color that should work on most light-to-medium complexions.

on 8/9/2010 2:03:00 PM

I was discussing with someone how I barely own any lipliners and I've yet to find a nice nude shade that doesn't bleed or fade. She recommended Baby Buff from Clinique. I don't normally use Clinique products but she assured me that it stays put, which I noticed is true. The color matches my natural lip shade and gives me exactly the effect I'm looking for. I have a feeling I'll be using this a lot with the many nude lipsticks and glosses I own.

on 6/16/2009 12:44:00 PM

I like this liner. The texture is nice and I love that I don't have to sharpen it. The color is a touch on the orangey side for me, but a lot of nude shades tend to do that on me since I'm very cool-toned. It still works nicely with my pink-nude glosses and lipsticks. I'm thinking of picking up Lipblush to try out next.

Love the color but SO dry! Impossible to even apply. I thought it would be smooth but it has a horrible texture. It is so skinny it is a pain to apply...

on 5/3/2008 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The perfect liner for a nude lip for me. Matches both my NARS Mitzi (pinky rose nude) and my NARS Napoli (a peachy nude). Helps me to avoid that darker lipliner/lighter lipstick look - uugh.... Love the quickliner form - similar to MAC's creamstick - soft and easy to blend and work with. Huge thanks to whereami for recommending this one.

on 4/15/2008 6:04:00 PM

Best nude lipliner ever. If you're a MAC Subculture or Sublime Culture girl, give this a try. I had been using Baby Buff for years, until they discontinued it. That sent me on a nude l/l journey. MAC Subculture (horrible texture!) and Sublime Culture are a little too light and Beurre, although highly wearable, is a little too dark for an, "I'm not wearing any lipliner" look. I don't know when they brought Baby Buff back, but I have been using it again for a couple of months and I hope it never disappears again. I just picked up two more liners today, so I could get my bonus. The bonus has a beautiful palette in it and I am now the proud owner of 2 and 1/2 Baby Buff lipliners :)

Popular Lip Liners