September 14, 2014 | 1944 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I really liked how this looks on the skin but with my oil skin this is just to greasy.
There is no way I can wear this :( so sad too

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by jcq

I have acne-prone, oily, sensitive skin, which may make the worst combination skin type.
Shade: NC 25-30, 125 is almost a perfect match. Does not oxidize.
Longetivity: very good. minimum transfer, stay put without cakiness through out the day
coverage: full coverage, I have minor blemishes and redness, one pump is enough to cover most of the imperfections, including light dark circle.
finish: dewy and smooth. I did not expect this to have dewy finish, and this actually looks quite natural in real life, and of course for photograph.
texture: very runny, feels surprisingly lightweight and comfortable. I don't think layering is a good idea since it may turn cakey rather than added coverage.
packaging: nice clear bottle with a pump.

cons:
- average to poor oil control. I am an oily gurl who lives in humid weather. My skin starts getting oily in less than 2 hours, with primer and setting powder.
- it highlights bumps and dry patches. Although it's a high coverage product, I think it works best for covering spots and major discoloration
- pricey.. enough said.
I am not sure whether to repurchase, with oil control as my biggest concern. But this one performs quite okay and does not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Julia336

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this foundation for a wedding last year. Since then I've fallen in love with it. I did notice it caking when I first used it, but I cut the amount I used in half. After doing that, I noticed it didn't cake anymore. For people experiencing caking, I suggest using less than you currently do for a while and see if there's a difference.

I put the amount I want to use on the back of my hand then I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to dot it around my face and then I buff it in with circular motions.

I will be repurchasing this when I finish it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Princessamata

Ok so I have been using this for a couple of weeks now . I must say I agree with most of the reviews . It is extremely natural looking... Almost too natural sometimes.. If that makes sense . It is a perfect skin color match ( I wear 120) . It can get a little oily after a couple hours but if you use a good setting powder it stays alllll day . I think my only complaint is that it is a pretty light coverage . You need a good concelear if you have any discoloration on your face like I do . Overall it is really pretty awesome. I am still trying to find what powder to best use with it though. Right now I am using my studio fix to add a little more color to my face because I kinda feel like it makes me look a little pale . But I guess I kinda am so... I'm still trying to work with it and get the best look possible. If you do not have any discolorations this would be prefect for you .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by BalkanBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The most beautiful foundation I've tried to this day. The texture is smooth, not too thick not too runny. Colour doesn't oxidise. Covers acne spots/scars/pimples/redness. Photographs perfectly. Doesn't look cakey. Has an amazing dewy matte finish, don't really know how to explain it. Staying power isn't as long as Estee Lauder Double Wear for example, but you'll still get several hours out of it with a good primer regardless of skin type. A MUST TRY FOR EVERYONE. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Cassak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Goto foundation. Love love love this product. Perfect for my skin, great coverage! I'm running out but I will buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by vespera

i do like this foundation, the coverage is great, gives a soft subtle glow and smooths out all imperfections and does photograph well BUT i couldn't use it in winter :( it feel drying and accuentuated my dry flakes so i just had to look for another one...but when next summer comes around again i would definitely think about repurchasing it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Belleanna

I really love this product becuase it has GREAT coverage, but doesn't get cakey! For some people on here, it does, but I guess they are applying it wrong. I have acne prone skin and this actually helped clear me up! It also makes you look like you don't have pores (in a good way) this is my HG foundation for life, and I've tried many high end ones. It is a bit pricey $43 at sephora, but it's worth it for me to hav pretty skin :) hope this helped

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The absolute best foundation out there.
Very lightweight in that it's not too cakey and sets beautifully on your skin for a natural look.
I love Make Up Forever and this is another one of their products that does that disappoint.
I have finished it twice and am now on my third bottle!

The only complaint is with the lid; it does not fit very tightly and easily breaks.

Overall, it is a must-have!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by newtomakeup411

I wore this foundation a couple of times, as I don't want to waste it seeing it was about $40 CDN. I think you could absolutely find a drugstore foundation that's better than this. Pros - Full Coverage - Has a Pump - Looks flawless in pictures Cons - Can look cakey if you apply too much - Don't pack on the powder if you have dry skin - The cap can come off sometimes and since there is a pump my other products in the bag shake around and push the pump causing some product to come out this probably works better on combination/oily skin but on my normal/combination skin that gets more so dry in the winter (which is when I used it) it tends to cake up if I tried to apply a second layer or packed on the powder. the wear of this is really good, for me it stays on for up to 9 hours! I used it for my graduation and it was horribly hot inside, and it stayed on through the whole night, even through the dance! I don't tend to touch my face when I have makeup on so when I occasionally did I found that some of the product wore off on my fingers... so if you have normal/skin I would reccomend this.