January 27, 2015 | 1016 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2015 3:41:00 AM More reviews by bflytilidy

I have a 90% full bottle of MUFE HD Foundation in the Shade 123. It has neutral/slight yellow undertones, best for NC25-37 (I'm NC35). For me it's a bit too neutral and I prefer foundations with a yellower undertone (think Nars Stromboli). Let me know what you'd like to swap for it! I especially love makeup brushes, skin care items, or highlighters. Thanks! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2015 10:41:00 AM More reviews by beautyGURU2

Has a gold tint to it was not happy with the outcome of my complexion.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2015 11:12:00 PM More reviews by amnahbaha7

This foundation looks great in pictures . However, not in real life! Wow, after reading everyone's review I now understand why I'm breaking out with cystic acne. I have had this foundation for about two months and have only used it three times however since the first time I used it I have been breaking out terribly. I couldn't quite figure out what it was but I did in fact noticed that it was every time after I use this foundation. I had perfectly clear nice beautiful radiant skin and now my face is full of scars. I will be returning this product and seeking a dermatologist. I prefer looking better in person than in pictures.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 2:57:00 PM More reviews by kendrarose33

I had always wanted to try this foundation, but since it is so pricey I hesitated for a long time. However, I bought my first bottle in May and I fell in love. It goes on so beautifully and a little goes a long way (so it lasts a long time!) and looks so natural and not at all cakey. Also, a big plus is that it has a pump! I went away from it for a while after I ran out but a week ago I bought another bottle and it's safe to say I dont think I'm going to buy any other foundation than this one! It is my HG foundation and I would reccomend to anyone no matter what their skintone. Make up forever has a great selection of colors as well, perfect for any skintone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 8:45:00 PM More reviews by paridae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this foundation in 117 (Marble) for about 8 months now and can say it has achieved HG status. I have historically had dry skin that is now moving toward combination. I have serious issues with my skin being flaky and needing daily thorough exfoliation. It's hard for me to find foundations that don't sit on top of my skin and accentuate that. I have fair, neutral toned skin that has a tendency toward redness only on my face, and I rarely break out. Just a reference for my skin type for some context.

This foundation is amazing on my skin. It's medium coverage and seems to have some diffusing properties that really make your skin look even without looking caked in makeup. I apply it with a knockoff brand Beauty Blender I bought on amazon, which I highly recommend as well. 117 is a fair, slightly yellow-toned shade. This is great on me because it neutralizes the redness and makes my facial skin exactly the same color as the rest of my skin. Yay! Something that fixes my redness but doesn't turn me orange, yellow or green! A miracle! It also does not make me break out, but my skin is not particularly sensitive to breakouts.

I wish it was cheaper, but for being such an excellent product, I will continue to buy it no matter what. The packaging is fine - the pump has given me no issues. The black cap does fall off easily, even packed in a makeup bag where it's not getting jostled much. I haven't had any issues with the pump making a mess yet, though. It's also a pump that does give you a bit of control over how much product comes out. I usually use about 1.5 pumps for my face and blending into my neck.

I'd recommend doing some swatches on your skin yourself. I was matched at a Sephora and was recommended a pink-toned fair color because of my skin redness. I purchased it and it was AWFUL. I liked the texture and finish, so I exchanged it based on my experiences needing yellow tones, and this one is perfect. Lesson learned! Trust yourself first if you know what works on you and what doesn't!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2015 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, I thought long and hard about this review, didn't want to Jump the gun and say how much I loved it to only end up hating it weeks later as I've done so before. I've been wearing this as a daily foundation for awhile and I'm ready to say I love it.

Reading the reviews I was totally turned off from trying this. People seem to live it or hate it, and since I struggle hard to find loves I knew this wasn't for me.
One afternoon I was in Sephora returning yet another foundation that didn't match my skintone and was so fed up I said the hell with it let's try this since this line seemed to cater to multiple undertones, not just yellow and pink. Im very neutral anything slightly yellow or pink looks way off on me.
So the SA matched me to 118, in the dim lighting I couldn't even see the swatch on my cheek so I just jumped into the wind and purchased.
Perfect match to my light honey beige skin. I was expecting a sheer greasy mess but what I got instead was what is been looking for all along.
***Product- I get great solid medium coverage applying with my fingers, a brush seemed not to work as well. I can apply more where needed for stubborn spots and doesn't look piled on.
Surprisingly I found the finish quite matte. *almost* flat. Setting with NARS light reflecting powder remedied that real quick. Also the hourglass ambients or WNW reserve your cabana come in very handy here.
As the day goes on the finish does become less matte but not greasy( I do have dry skin though) those with oil's may need to touch up. It wore well all day and had experienced no patchiness.
I find it to be very light weight on the skin almost as light as a powder foundation. Some say it looks great in pics but not in real life, well idk what there seeing, but I think it looks amazing in both.
It didn't settle into any fine lines or crease, it hasn't upset my sensitive acne prone skin, it's a perfect color match, it's lightweight, it lasts all day,what's not to love?
No it's not a full coverage, but if it's to be undetected on camera(HD) wouldn't you think it needs not be an unnatural full coverage ? You can conceal spots if need be.
Yes I will repurchase. I appreciate the pump, the bottle is plastic instead of glass which I feel more comfortable with ( butter fingers) it could still crack but hey can't win everything.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2015 7:03:00 PM More reviews by MiracleNicole1

Looks great in pictures.... Not so great in person. Didn't provide the coverage & long lasting wear that I needed.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2015 2:34:00 PM More reviews by BlueSeaHorse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you need an everyday foundation I don't think this is the foundation for you (unless your everyday work consists in taking pictures of yourself). When I bought this at Sephora I was looking for a high quality foundation and the girl at sephora recommended this one. What she forgot to tell me was that this foundation is great "for pictures" not for every day use. Don't get me wrong you can still use it everyday if you want to, but keep in mind that if what you are looking for is an every-day foundation that gives you great coverage you should keep looking.

I was going to return this the next day but decided to keep it since I took a couple of pictures to test it out and it sure makes your skin looks flawless. Definitely will be using this for special occasions were I know I'll have pictures taken.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2015 2:26:00 AM More reviews by alexaober

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great packaging but sadly I've found better foundations I like it but don't love it. Good skin variety options and didn't break me out! It's around $42 without tax.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2015 10:55:00 PM More reviews by leeleenewin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product gives me an amazing, radiant look. It is full coverage, easy to use, not drying... I REALLY want to love this liquid foundation.

But this breaks me out, for sure! Every time my acne starts clearing, I use this product because I like the way it makes my skin look, and then the next day, I have a full face of painful cysts and pimples. I've done this to my face about 4 times now and had this foundation for 2 months. Of course, every one's face is different, so maybe try a sample first to see how your face reacts.