September 2, 2014 | 1691 users online

Other - Life Brand - Whitening Wraps Dental Whitening System

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jade98765

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My teeth aren't yellow, but they aren't white. They were more like a really dull white with yellow near the gums. Me and my mom decided to buy these, mostly because of the price. Since they came in a pack of 14, and promised whiter teeth in 7 days, we just used 7 each. I felt like after 3 days it reached its whitening peak and then they looked less white, but these did surprisingly well. But the bottom wrap kept falling off for me, but the top one stayed on great. My teeth are really white now, I hope they stay that way.

Give these a try if your teeth are just a little on the yellow side, it might work for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by abcx123

This is my first whitening experience so I have nothing to compare it to. My teeth are yellow and I don't smoke or drink, nor do I drink much coffee. I'm only sixteen so my teeth are healthy. I was planning to buy the Crest version, but SDM was sold out since they were on sale. I saw this on sale for 17.99 (reg. 26.99) and it had a bonus of 3x the Shoppers Optimum points. I was skeptical because it is a generic brand, but there is a money back guarentee, so I thought, why not?

The box comes with four pouches. There are two pouches of strips for the upper teeth and two for the lower teeth (one pouch for upper teeth and one for lower teeth is a seven day supply, for fourteen days total). The box says that results will be noticable in seven days, with even whiter teeth in fourteen. The strips come in a plastic tray. You peel back the foil of the tray, remove the strip, and apply the sticky gel side to your teeth, folding the tabs over the back of your teeth. The strips are pretty short, not long enough to cover all the teeth visibile when I smile. I am still using these so I will update with results.

Day 1: Removed the strips from tray, am suprised to see how short they are (I thought they would cover ALL my teeth but apparently all whitening sets are like this). Applied the strips to my teeth. Am annoyed by saliva buildup, is it safe to swallow? Strips move around due to saliva, extremely annoying. Constantly have to readjust strips now, since they aren't that adhesive anymore. They keep falling off into my mouth. Tabs are beginning to break from constant readjusting. Am not liking this.

Day 2: After yesterday, decided to wipe teeth before use. Applied the strips, they stayed on! In fact, they stayed on the whole time. Learned it is okay to swallow saliva, that way the strips will stay sticky. It is also okay if tongue brushes against the strips, they won't fall off. The taste is bearable, it is very slight, but it is not extremely pleasant. So far, no sensitivity (I'm not using Sensodyne). Don't see whitening effect yet.

Day 3-6: Teeth are becoming sensitive to cold items. Felt a bit tingly when the strips were on. Can see a very slight difference in whiteness. Updates will be shorter b/c I don't expect major changes.

Day 7: More sensitive teeth, not much of a nuisance though. Teeth look a bit whiter, but not enough to be noticable by other people. Thought I might just be imagining the whitening effect, but when I compare them to the side teeth that don't get whitened, they do seem brighter.

Day 14: Overall, my teeth aren't any whiter. Returned for full refund.