Physicians Formula Organic Wear Concealer Stick - Fair

2.6

on 3/1/2012 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

My interest was peaked when The Organic Wear line was released. I picked the concealer stick up in fair.
I applied and wore it for a good half day. No matter how much I tried to blend, the formula became darker. For a fair shade the tone revealed It's dark spots over the few coverage areas applied. The texture was very dry. For an NC 25 or lighter with yellow undertones, combination skin and a few dark spots. It's possible anyone trying it would get the same results I did.
I ended up stashing it because It's difficult to work with, It darkens and ofcourse " the odd cardboard scent" that kept annoying me the entire time I wore it . In conclusion, the concept is great. I really tried to make it work. However, it could use some improvements

on 4/27/2010 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is actually a VERY good concealer with excellent coverage, especially coming from a drugstore. The only problem with the concealer is the packaging, which causes the tip to dry out. Once you buy and shave the tip a bit, you have a great, creamy concealer. Soft yellow is the best color for me. AMAZING for under eye and mine are very dark. Nice finish. A little goes a long way. Its dense.

on 5/16/2009 9:52:00 PM

I bought two of these (in green and fair). I didn't like using PF concealing stick at first because it's so hard. I thought it was stale. After I accidentally broke off the top, I found that the insides are quite soft and works quite well. I thought it did a good job covering up my acnes.

on 5/16/2009 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this concealer. At first when I tryed it I was HORRIFIED by how thick and sticky the stick felt. But I decided to give it a chance and rubbed the stick on my blemishes. The thing is it feels very sticky when I was rubbing it but when it was on I DIDNT FEEL A THING! It was like I wasnt wearing anything. If you give this a chance I think you would like it. I use fair for under my eyes and light for my blemishes. The only problem was that I had to rub so hard that one of the sticks broke from the bottom. But it still works fine. And I choose this over any other because it is safe for your skin and healthy. Oh and the best part I DID NOT BREAK OUT! I was pleasently surprised!

Too think. Doesn't blend at all. Smells funny. The sides have condensation of oil and the top is dry as the sahara. Overall a horrible product.

on 4/3/2009 1:01:00 AM

When I opened this at home after buying it at CVS, it was hard as a rock and there was glue-like oily stuff condensing on the outside of the stick. Maybe the product had gone bad, but every one in the store had the condesation-like bubbles on them like the first that didn't work. When I tried to put it on my face it stuck to me like glue and would hardly wash off with soap. I decided it was definately defective and returned it for another kind. I got the Mineral Wear Concealer Stick in light and it was perfect! I went on great and matched my skin exactly. I was also the same price was the organicwear concealer.

on 2/22/2009 8:40:00 PM

I HATE this concealer-it goes on much too thick and sticky, spreads poorly and doesn't wear well. It feels dry and oily at the same time, if that makes sense. Definitely a product I won't be repurchased. Plus the stick makes application difficul and a bit unhygenic :-(

on 9/3/2008 1:39:00 PM

Ick Ick Ick! I HATED this! It was too dry, didn't spread and mine had a greasy film over it. Nasty! Worst concealer I have ever tried!

on 7/10/2008 10:06:00 AM

I was very dissapointed that this product stung the skin around my eyes. The other brands of natural/organic concealers that I purchase at Whole Foods and online do not irritate my skin. I have extremely sensitve skin, and can only use the most gentle products. I am dissapointed, because I thought the drugstore might be finally carrying a cosmetic that is gentle enough for me to use.

on 7/1/2008 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in the soft yellow (I don't see a place for it), and was really excited because my skin breaks out SO easily, and organic sounded like an option to try out.

The smell was TERRIBLE (not the fresh minty, eucalyptus smell of the tinted moisturizer, but an old, expired paint kind of smell).

The texture is really harsh and sticky, and barely any color came off the stick no matter how hard I tried... AND THEN THE TUBE FELL APART where the stick was rubbing against the edge of the tube and at the bottom of entire thing.

Maybe it was a defunct stick, but the smell alone was enough to keep me away.