Max Factor PenSilks eyeliner

4.2

on 5/3/2008 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i don't know what other people have been reviewing but i have a max factor automatic eyeliner pencil in night club and it's incredible. i've had it for an academic year and i probably use it around 2 times a week, and it looks barely used. regardless, this is great to use on the waterline! i always use it for both the upper and lower waterline and even after a night of partying it's still perfectly there! i don't know how it does it! no smudges, nothing. it comes off easily, too, and it's decently dark for a pencil. i love that i dont ever have to sharpen it. i would most definitely repurchase it .. but there is no end in sight, so probably when i lose it, haha. good luck! i hope that i am reviewing it under the right product name, mine really doesn't specify.

on 8/2/2007 1:03:00 AM

I got this for free with a mascara. I used this eyeliner for tightlining, and it looks alright. Sometimes I have to go over it with another pencil because the color is kind of light. I don't think I'll repurchase this because gel & liquid work better on me. :P

on 6/25/2006 12:58:00 AM

I bought two of these today - one in Dollar Signs and one in Night Club. They kind of suck. I'm used to using Chanel's eyeliners-- the ones with the smudgey end on them-- and I think that those are more intense. But, for a drugstore brand, the quality, I guess, is pretty high. I was hoping for a higher intensity of color with the Night Club; I have to go over my eye about two times more than I would with the Chanel.

The reason I also bought Dollar Signs was so that I could use the pensilks as a browliner. This may sound a bit retarded as this review is listed under "pensilks eyeliner," but the website does state that these pens can be used for the brows as well. With the brows, I found that there was too much color, and that the color was too creamy. Again, I am used to Chanel's brow pencils (the ones with the brushes on the ends), so I guess I have been spoiled for a while, but I was expecting a bit more. The trick, I have found, is to apply with an extremely light hand and to try to color the hairs and not the skin. Of course, you'll end up coloring the skin, but if your aim is to color the hairs, then the overall look achieved will be more natural and less cut-and-pasted-looking, if you know what I mean.

Overall, I gave this product a 3, but I guess, for its pricerange, I would rate it a 4. continued >>

This is a nice eyeliner. Goes on silky smooth. I'm taking off one lippie because it dosen't last as long as some other liners I've tried.

on 2/10/2005 11:20:00 PM

This eyeliner promised so much but didn't even stay on the inner rim of my eyes for an hour. This is a big problem for me because my eyes are almond shaped, and eyeliner on the inner rims tend to accentuate that shape more so than when I apply it only on the upper eyelids. Although, I've found use for it as a replacement for a darker eyeshadow but I dont recommend this for highlighting the inner rims of your eyes. If you're after a cheaper brand that stays on all day give LÓreal's Le Grand Kohl eyeliner a go, it's my new H.G.

on 2/10/2005 3:55:00 AM

best drugstore eyeliner brand. it ran out fast on me tho. but glides smooth! very good. i bought two more today.

on 12/22/2004 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've got this in Plum Suede, a slightly shimmery raisin (not exactly dark enough to be plum) shade. I love how you don't have to sharpen it and I love the color, since it looks natural on my honey skin, and that it doesn't irritate my contact lense-wearing eyes and sensitive skin. Its price at about 6 bucks doesn't break my student budget, either...overall, my favorite eyeliner. (^-^)

on 12/10/2004 9:36:00 PM

This just did NOT last on me. Just not good for oilier skin maybe. will not re buy.

on 12/7/2004 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG eyeliner- glides on smooth and I don't have to bother with sharpening. My only complaint is that sometimes the tip breaks off and product gets wasted, but overall I love it!

on 9/4/2004 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very black (the shade I bought), very creamy, very easy. Lasts alright, except on my inner rims... there it doesn't last 15 minutes. :)

Top Rated Max Factor Products