November 26, 2014 | 1372 users online

Palettes - Sonia Kashuk - Sheer Magic Mineral Face Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Quailie

I have the kind of pale skin that's paler than almost every drugstore or department store foundation, and I can't get anything to match. My holy grail was Dainty Doll, the Nicola Roberts range that was discontinued. And that was brilliant, but the concealer in this is even better. The consistency is better and the colour is insanely close to my skin colour. It is perfection. The blusher is so pale that it seems impossible that it will give a nice colour, but it does, it's perfect for pale skin. It's only the foundation that's a problem. It's too pale even for me, as a full-coverage foundation. But I prefer a dewier cream foundation now anyway. I buy this for the concealer and use the foundation as the lightest dusting to set my liquid foundations. I could not live without this, and as I live in the UK, have to get my husband to get it for me when he travels to the US, or buy on ebay.

(Yes, it is true that the tower sometimes comes apart a bit in transit. I can live with that.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by my3sons5

Bought this to throw in my travel bag. I hate to carry alot of product on trips and this fit the bill for not taking up alot of space. That said, I purchased pale ivory (the other color pallets were sold out) and it is summer. The concealer was fantastic, the pale pink blush almost non-existant once applied (I used a very small kabuki brush I have had forever) and I didn't try the foundation as it was just too pale looking for my summer complexion. That said, I am not writing this one off....I travel more in the winter months anyway. So it will stay in my travel bag and I have high hopes it will look great when I am once again pale!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by strawbearry

I absolutely love this product! The best mineral foundation i have ever used. I use golden honey(matches my skin color perfectly), i have acne prone skin and it doesn't break out at all from using this. The foundation looks luminous and natural, it makes my skin look amazing. The concealer is pretty good too. I just wish if they only sold the mineral foundation. It is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Medium Beige. This very small (3 round levels) package of makeup must haves (foundation, blush, concealer) is a marvel. The mineral powder foundation never comes off as "frosted/glittery", but has a very slight (lit from within) glow to it. You never see (in whatever lighting you can think of) glittering single pigments. You can't see any reflective pigments period. It's so handy (handy being an understatement here.) The base has great coverage (depending on the brush you use) and always looks like skin as opposed to makeup. It' VERY controlable in the coverage you get. You may make it as sheer or as heavy as you like. The coordinating blush is totally believable, a beautiful shade of rose which you can make as subtle (looks as if you pinched your cheeks) or full on as you like (for more show in dark light.) The concealer (at the top of the packaging) is a teriffic/quality product. It spreads beautifully w/out any pulling whatsoever. It wears (as all 3 products do) very well. 8-10 hous after application and everything is still holding up quite well. For the price (and if you can find the right color for yourself) this cannot be beat. A hands down favorite Sonia Kashuck product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Joamy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love love this foundation. I use golden honey and its my exact shade. In order to avoid that powdery look mineral makeup has i make sure i moisturize before applying it. The concealer is my exact color and offers excellent coverage. The foundation has good coverage as well and it matches so well it looks as if i just have good skin. The blush is absolutely gorgeous and it flatters my complexion. The only downside is that you have to be careful or it could get messy but that goes for any mineral makeup. Another thing, it sucks that their colors are not very broad. Im using the darkest shade and im my complexion is tanned so anyone darker than me wont be able to use it. Other than that, best foundation ive used...i was getting tired of the caked look from liquid foundations so this is a nice upgrade. Im usually prone to break out but i havent had any issues using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by buggylovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this so bad. On a daily basis, I don't normally wear make up... but I like to have something on hand for times when I do, which is most likely on the weekends and/or outings and special occasions. For $15 at Target, it comes with a mineral concealer (cream), mineral powder, and mineral blush all in one cute little compacted (and convenient) packaging, although it could use some tweaking. I noticed the concealers on these run a bit darker than the actual foundation, so that was a downfall, at least for me. The foundation also contains a slight shimmer that's barely noted and I'm okay with that. Initially, I feel like it makes me look slightly dry (but that could also be my skin now due to my pregnancy)... it's light coverage and after it sets, my skin looks beautifully natural and glowy. Despite all these wonderful qualities, after having used it for 2 months, I ended up returning it because whenever I did wear it, by the end of the day I had developed white heads (sort of like when you get a rash from makeup). Every. Single. Time. Without. Fail.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by TeamHaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had such high hopes for this product.
I was going on an international trip and the smart / simple all-in-one. Packaging caught my eye.

Concealer, powder and blush are stacked in 3 seperate pots and for $14.99, I was willing to give it a shot.

I have fair skin ( similar to katrina bowden) But I found the light porcelain too light and the pale ivory too dark.

I had a bit of a problem with the concealers too, both colors seemed to be a bit too dark for the powder it was packaged with.
The powder itself was fine, it was thin so I wouldn't suggest this product for someone wanting full coverage but, it will do in a pinch.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by devinwx

It's pretty sheer coverage, but the concealer kinda makes up for it. A tinted moisturizer may help with that also. The blush is also very nice. I'd definitely recommend this to someone trying mineral makeup. The packaging could be A LOT BETTER though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by kkookie31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product because I was on vacation and the nearest sephora is 50miles, and I am loving it! My complexion is very golden olive tan, on the verge of brass, and the golden honey matches my skin perfectly. It looks very natural and wears practically all day. For hotter more humid climates I would recommend a water resistant concealer to use with or along side the concealer that comes with it. An excellent one is cover fx camouflage. - would definitely purchase this product again. As for the packaging itself, I would have to agree with everyone. It tends to be very messy and definitely not user friendly when in a rush to get something on your face. Over all, a very good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by onenimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this product. I read the reviews on this site before purchasing and I agree with other people are saying. The packaging is what makes it hard to use (the reason why I give it 4 stars), and it can get everywhere, but the make up itself is excellent. I am very pleased with the foundation powder and the blush. I think this would be an excellent choice for someone who is new to make up and looking for something to start with. The powder is very very fine and light, and leaves a smooth finish. I love the blush color and it is very soft, but depending on how strong you want it to come out, you can build on it by buffing on more. I think I will save this to take on trips because it is so compact. I will buy this again when I use it all up.