April 19, 2014 | 1118 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a nice cleanser. Gentle on skin but melted away my foundation very easily. It's marked as safe for eyes, and I did use it remove my mascara but that stayed behind. But holy cow, this is expensive! Fresh products generally are----I know, I have a bottle do Sake bath(love this!). My HG cleanser is the Olay Daily Facials, lather up, use, trash. That does remove eye makeup including mascara. I'm glad I got a small size to try this because it is nice. But I will go back to my trusty ODF.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Fuzzmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using this about 9 months. Breakouts almost nil. This is the clearest my skin has been in years. I'm convinced this made the difference. Granted, I've continued other habits such as water intake and 2x daily cleansing no matter how exhausted I am, but I've been doing that for years. Very gentle. A pea size is sufficient, so it lasts. Expensive, but worth it. Clear skin is priceless. Highly recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by chikibean

Love this cleanser....so gentle you can wash your face with your eyes wide open if you want to. Smells really earthy in a good way. Lasts a long time. My skin feels so awesome afterwards. Like it was meant to. I use this now with my Clarisonic. Great combo. I actually look forward to using this at the end of the day to wash away all my make up knowing its not going to be a struggle...feels so good

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very expensive, and nothing really great. Doesn't do a thing to remove eye-makeup, you still need a separate remover for that. It's okay as a wash - it doesn't really do anything special, and the smell is a little weird. Given the price, I won't repurchase it a second time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this cleanser from Sephora. I have to applaud Sephora for their generosity with samples (this was a pre-packaged company sample) because it helps me avoid costly mistakes and also helps me find some new great products. Anyway, as a previous reviewer said, this is nothing special in terms of cleansers...it's okay but not exceptional. Didn't remove my eye makeup and it seemed that there were some traces of my foundation left behind (I went over my face with a damp white cosmetic sponge because it didn't feel especially clean and I could see a bit of "discolouration" on the sponge). Considering the retail price of this cleanser, I would have expected more. I'm also not wild about the scent of this - peepeepod nailed it when she said it smells like pickles...it's got a scent that isn't just "cucumber" - it is more like pickles! I'll stick with Jouviance (amazing Canadian brand) for gentle but effective facial cleansing. Would not purchase/repurchase or recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice cleanser. I don't get the emotional reactions to the scent, though-- it's just cucumber, people! This is a non-foaming, gentle, gel-like cleanser that works well with my clarisonic. I use it in the morning (I use Bioderma Micellar cleanser at night) and get no dryness, stinging, irritation, or clogged pores. Yeah, like all Fresh products, it's expensive, but I use only a dime-sized amount so it's not that bad. It's a good option if you have sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

This stuff stinks-- literally. Glad I got a free sample tube, because after I finish it (if I don't throw it away first), that's it for me. I can't even describe the smell, but it is too strong for my taste and it reminds me of something moldy. This cleanser is not a foaming cleanser, it is gel-like in consistency and has no lather. I have oily skin, so I prefer something that lathers... it makes me feel like it's making my face cleaner. Anyway, if I can't stand the texture and I can't stand the smell, that says everything to me. Good thing I always use a make-up remover wipe before I wash, because I don't have faith that this would have removed the make-up off my face very well, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Duster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love to use this in winter when my skin is really dry; it cleans without leaving any dryness. However I find it won't remove some eye makeup and I have to use eye makeup remover. Other than that great product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser didn't work at all for me. I didn't like the feel of it on my skin...thick and almost no foam. It seemed to leave some kind of "film" on my skin, in a bad way, and I didn't feel clean, After using it twice, my chin started breaking out terribly., This may work for some, but on my dry, rather sensitive skin, it was a no go.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this because it's billed as "extra gentle for face and eyes." Since my face was already broken out badly, I don't know whether it would cause a breakout or not, but it certainly didn't calm my skin.

It didn't matter, I wouldn't use it again: the smell was simply off-putting. In addition, the feel of the gel was yucky--the stickiness bordered on slimy feeling.

The only good part: It didn't leave my face feeling dry.