September 2, 2014 | 1853 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ultrasensitive888

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail foundation. It is effortless but is effective in providing a medium coverage matt finish. I apply it with the puff that comes with the compact or with the Lancome Mineral Foundation brush to achieve a light application followed by a minimal application of Lancome blush with the Lancome precision blush brush. By mid-day, I blot my T-zone with Shiseido oil blotting paper and I'm ready to go again. I have dry skin and this formulation does not accentuate fine lines or flakes. It does even out the skin tone, eliminate any redness and provide a beautiful skin-like finish and is so easy to take with you anywhere you go. With proper makeup removal at night with Lancome cleansing milk followed with La Roche Posay Dermal cleanser, there is no breakout. Love this product! Thank you Lancome!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by algebra101

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by mommala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Department stores are not carrying the fragrance free version of this anymore. I complained because I cannot stand the scent of the regular version and have used the fragrance free version for years, probably since it came out! The sales associate at a Major department store at the mall (can I not say which one?) ordered my fragrance free matte bisque II and it was sent to my home free of charge for the inconvenience. Love everything about it, the coverage, color, convenience and classy compact. Try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I have used this powder for 20 years now. I'd recently started experimenting with other brands, but after spending tons on money trying to find something that might be better, I've come to the conclusion that there isn't anything better for me. I wear Matte Porcelaine Delicate. It has a nice pink tone that suits my skin perfectly. Great coverage alone over a moisturizer or primer and flawless coverage over liquid makeup. For those complaining about the smell, it does come in a fragrance free formula!! I personally like the scent and don't find it too overpowering, but I realize some people are more sensitive to how cosmetics smell.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by dhoppykins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so mad at Lancome I could spit! I have used Dual Finish for years and adore it but something's changed. It took me weeks to figure out that the red scaley rash on my jaw and checks was from their powder. I'm just sick of companies changing their formulations and ruining wonderful products!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use Dual Finish Sable to "contour" cheeks, nose and jawline. Looks totally natural and really does the trick. The powder formula is lightweight, does not cake, and is very easy to blend. No problem with it settling or emphasizing fine lines, it blends nicely. The contour effect is excellent and powder application lasts.
I use Dual Finish Sable to contour after I apply my favorite foundation, Lancome Teint Miracle. To apply powder for contour I use Precision Cheek Brush #7.
I set with Lancome Ageless Minerale using a powder brush.

NOTE: My skin tone is fair. Dual Finish in Sable is good for contouring only.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing Dual Finish for 30 years. I loved it so much I have never seen reason to stray from it. I always use this as a dusting finish powder over my foundation. I wear BE Mineral Foundation now and still use this instead of the BE Mineral Veil. It always makes my finished makeup look similiar to airbrushed. I use it for a touch up if I am going somewhere for the evening too. It is the HG powder for me and matches my skintone perfectly as Matte Buff II, I am quite fair complected and that is a feat in itself.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For me, this was a waste of money. Dry=not enough coverage and settles in very fine lines. Wet=enough coverage but quickly dries into very fine lines--lines that I did not even know I had. Wet, dry...just terrible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

This is the powder my mother wore and it gave her aged skin a pretty diffusion and evenness belying her years. So I decided to try for my face and I really like this too. It doesn't emphasize wrinkles and will not totally cover imperfections but looks so skinlike. You can build coverage with a little effort but even with multiple layers this powder does not look chalky or heavy. I love the scent; it's very pretty and makes it a pleasure to apply. (And if this is the smell that reminds my children and grandchildren of me, I can think of way worse things!) Powder feels weightless on my skin, and doesn't make my skin or rosacea freak out. I'm a NC 25 and I wear buff. Also when you buy from Lancome they have the best GWPs

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by blackeye48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder. it looks so natural and the package is beautiful. I have found my HG powder!!!