Max Factor PAN - STICK

Filtered by age: 36-43

4.4

Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cire De Carnauba), Beeswax (Cire D'Abeille), Paraffin, Ozokerite, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 4/24/2015 3:51:00 PM

There is a reason why this product has been around since 1948!!
For dry skinned ladies it is a pure godsend. Since advancing into my late thirties my skin became as dry as the sahara and every liquid foundation i tried just clung to my dry cracked patches and looked ghastly no matter how much i moisturised and primed beforehand. retinoid acne treatment plus cold weather really took their toll on my face.
I used Pan Stick in my earlier years and shunned it thinking it looked cakey and artificial and too heavily made up. My search for more natural foundations only resulted in pricey disasters, with practically every foundation making my dry skin look much worse. I was even considering going without foundation as i just could not find one that looked decent on my skin at the end of a working day.
So, i unearthed my long forgotten faithful pan stick in 13 Nouveau beige.
I moisturised and primed and smoothed it on. It's a dream! It is full coverage but it is superb. It covers EVERYTHING. It made my skin look dewy and flawless and no sign of flaky patches and it stayed on ALL DAY without needing to be touched up once! It didnt cake or transfer and most importantly, it didnt settle in my smile lines or the fine lines under my eyes.
I use a cream blusher and it went on smoothly and blended perfectly over the pan stick.
My t zone had a very very slight shine after 8 hours but apart from that nothing! It looked just as fresh as when i had applied it at 7 am that morning.
For reference, my skin tone is nw20 and the shade 13 nouveau Beige is perfect. It's pink toned I believe.
My search for HG foundation is now over. Im in love with my old flame again!

on 3/16/2015 4:33:00 PM

I used Max Factor Pan Stick for ages, since I was a teenager. Everyone has always said, "what beautiful skin you have". This was due to the make up. It was great. When they stopped selling it here I got some on line for the regular $7.00 price. I think I bought 5 of them. Today I went on line to see if I could buy more and I was shocked at the prices people are selling it for-some as much as $194.95 a piece(some as low as $8.05 each).Is there a ligitimate place to buy it from? Is there an Importer? Can you buy direct from Europe?
Help!!! I cannot find anything equivalent to Max Factor Pan Stick.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have to say I only started using this recently after many years of selling it at the pharmacy where I work. I always thought it looked cakey and heavy on people. It's popular with teenagers as it's great at concealing blemishes. I prefer lighter coverage. But one day a customer came in with the most beautiful flawless makeup. I asked her what was she using and she said Max Factor pan stick. I almost dropped!
After years of spending crazy amounts of money on expensive foundations, i found the One! I think the secret is on the application. I do a few strokes on my face with the stik and let it warm up for a minute or so and then i blend it with a wet beauty blender. That gives me just the right amount of coverage. It still looks light but it conceals all my redness etc. i let it settle for a bit and then I lightly dust Max Factor creme puff over it. My skin looks amazing. So many people have said to me how flawless it looks! It still looks like I have make up on but it is not cakey or heavy.
The only reason i give it 4 stars instead of 5 is the range of shades is not great. I am using deep olive at the moment but will probably struggle in the summer to find the right shade for my skin tone.

on 5/24/2014 1:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

One of my favourite products ever. Have used it for many years and no matter what other foundation I happen upon, I return to this every time because it is just so versatile.
Being a stick foundation, the consistency is quite thick. I can see how some people may be put off by this...but good application is the key! I am a bit old school in that I use a sponge, but after trying many techniques out, I have found this to work the best (fingers work great when blending under my eyes or concealing blemishes).
I would never apply this foundation to my entire face as you might a liquid foundation, but I really don't think it is intended for that. If that is what you prefer from a foundation, then this product probably won't agree with you. I have a fairly oily T zone so I really don't like full face coverage.
I apply this foundation to the lower part of my cheeks (where I am prone to redness), my nose (again, prone to redness there), and then dab it on any blemishes. I then blend it with a sponge, using any remaining on the sponge to gently even out my entire face. I then set with translucent powder; in summer I will use a bronzer as well.
It's quick, easy to use, can be thrown in your hand-bag for touch ups, and blends really well. I highly recommend it! And not to mention....it's very affordable. I just picked up a new stick from Priceline yesterday on sale for $11.85. Cheap....and worth every cent.

on 5/22/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I actually like the texture of this for spot coverage. It's heavy, but it can be thinned out by blending with a sponge. The only problem is the color. I ordered this in the Fair which is just too pink for my skin tone. If this were a little more yellow, it would be perfect. I'm going to give this to my mother who is really pink and see if it works for her.

on 5/3/2014 10:28:00 PM

I love this product. It is great for on the go and gives nice full coverage. If full coverage isn't your thing, don't worry it can be sheered out with a damp sponge. This is hard to find in the U.S. but I found it on drugstore.com. Be careful, it does run dark, I found that 125 worked and I am very fair. This can also be used as a great concealer because it covers so well.

on 11/17/2012 10:52:00 AM

I got this foundation stick because I needed something for the days when my skin was misbehaving. Up until now I have had problems with my skin simply rejecting foundations and powders alike. I have tried a range of different products, Body Shop, liquid Max Factor, Yves Rocher, mineral foundations and probably others who've skipped my mind, but so far this is the only one who makes my skin look flawless and lasts.

The others would either break me out, crack and peel off (yes, it sounds nasty, and it looked really bad) or change colour after a while, or all of the above. But this small stick is just amazing. I apply it with a moist sponge or cotton pad, and if I need a bit of extra coverage I dab it on using a finger. If I just want to conceal a spot or red area I'll dab it on with a finger. It's amazing. And a little goes a long way. It seems to have lots of pigments too, and it covers really well when used undiluted.

The price is also very good, actually when I discovered this little gem I stocked up. I got 2 extra, and so far I can hardly tell I've used the first one, which I got some 6 months ago. I only use it perhaps 4 times a month, so I suppose it would last long, but still, you get a lot for the money with this buy.

I have used maxfactor panstick in nude ivory for the last 20 years and it is the only color that has ever matched my skintone and the only make-up that works for me.I have tried other make-ups and nothing works but maxfactor panstick!Every other brand of make-up is either too dark or too light or doesn't work for my skin or coverage!When they started to go out of business I stocked up about 8 tubes a couple years ago from drugstore.com and now I am down to my last tube so I tried to go back on their website a couple of months ago to stock up some more to discover that they no longer have my color and aren't going to have it any longer!I have been on website after website for 2 months now trying to find out where I could get some more make-up in my color but all I found was that ebay has some and the prices for just one tube are nearly 35.00 plus another 5.95 or more for shipping.I am on Dissability and with my small monthly income I cannot afford a price like that for just 1 tube of make-up and besides that price is ridiculous anyway if I could afford it!.I have just had to cut down to wearing make-up to maybe one day every week or 2 and I hate the way I look without make-up so I don't want to really go out much!UGH!Today I discovered that I can still buy maxfactor in the uk/europe but the color list has changed.I don't know what color to get.The new colors that look closest to my old shade of nude ivory 121 are :nouvea beige 13, and fair 25.I think I would be the fair but not for sure.I was wondering if anyone else is the same color nude ivory,as me and has tried the new shades from the uk/europe or if someone would know the equivalent shade to my old shade nude ivory in these new colors.Please if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.Here is the full list of maxfactor new colors from the uk/europe:13- Nouvea Beige, 14- Cool Copper, 25- Fair, 30- Olive, 56- Medium, and 60- Deep Olive and as I said before I'm color 121- Nude Ivory in the old USA clors!Than you in advance for any help in this matter!Sincerely,MJsMoonGoddess

on 7/14/2011 5:17:00 PM

All I can say is WOW. I am lucky to be able to buy any makeup I want to and I can't believe how great this covers with such a little amount at such a low price. I will buy this over and over and will buy a case if I need to in order to be never without this. Good bye all you high-end brands....

All I do is rub a little onto my finger right from the stick and smooth it on. It is weightless and the result is beautiful skin and not masque-like at all. Some of my freckles show through but it evens out my skin to perfection. For the price it is unbeatable.

I wish I could buy it at the store but I get it online and for the price I will happily pay shipping. My HG.

on 7/4/2011 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

been around for years and years, tried lots and lots of great foundation, but felt like tring this for the 1st time and its great!!! the coverage along with the softness and easy blending is marvellous. finally a excellent coverage with non drying. love it.