April 18, 2014 | 1957 users online

Treatments - Garnier - Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by 1_more_mile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I made a trip to Ulta armed with my list of must-haves based on Makeup Alley reviews. This is my first review ever!
My hair is medium-fine ,shoulder-length, naturally wavy dark blonde working its way toward grey. Sometimes I straighten via flat iron, sometimes I just want to fluff it and go. I only color it (via a box color) once every few months, actually last time was October. I laughed at one of the reviewers here about her "hating the whole haircut experience" because I too feel the same! Spend all that money and and honestly, I have not had a real haircut in 2 years and I don't think it looks any different after I blow dry and straighten. I usually just have my daughter trim the ends. Just so you know my hair-philosophy. But I still want to look pretty of course! Leading me to this review: Last night was a wash-night (I try to only wash 2 or 3 times a week, hoping that it will keep my hair healthier, who knows!) I used Redken Cleansing Cream only, no conditioner. After a little towel-drying I applied a dime size circle of the thin-ish oil and massaged through, starting with ends. I put a tiny bit more, maybe 2 drops rubbed between my palms, over the top of my head. Then I went to bed. Yes, I go to bed with wet hair. I'm lazy.
Well. Softness in ABUNDANCE the next morning! I think I could have just fluffed it up and gone off to work, it looked that good. But the front was a little too wierd (remember, I slept on a wet head) so I ended up flat-ironing. Soft and smooth. I love it. Not quite at 5 lippies yet since I have only used once. SInce I appreciate reviewers that post edit and updates, I will try to do the same after I have experimented with this more. But I have to say I'm quite pleased with my first use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE! I bought this at Shoppers Drug Mart (I believe it was $4.99 ish) and loved it from the moment I started using it. It smells great, and the oil has a nice thickness (ie. not so runny it's like water, but not so thick it will turn my head into an oil slick). I have very thick, curly hair that I usually wear straight and I find I don't need to use a lot of this product to make my hair smooth and shiny. Also, I've been applying a small amount to my ends before bed and when I wake up I can't get over how smooth they are.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my third bottle. I have medium texture, color treated, looong hair. I apply it on the length. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by brooklynbee

Surprisingly good for such an inexpensive product!!! Very versatile. Yes it's not pure argan oil and has some silicones in it, but I have used it sparingly on wet and dry hair with very nice results. It says you can even add some to your conditioner, so I might have to try that too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

i used to use Moroccan oil and some pure argon oil. i love this product but it does have silicons in it and as such it is not a pure oil. I prefer the pure argon oil as it does not weigh down my waves but for my color treated ends this is the very best. it is heavier than Moroccan oil due to the silicons in it so if you have fine to medium hair you must be careful to put very little in your hair. I mix it with water or gel. i bought it on sale for 3$ so i am super duper happy

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product based on the positive reviews here. While it may be cheap, this is not a good serum for my fine, thin hair; a tiny drop made my hair flat and greasy. The only serum my hair can handle without going flat is Moroccanoil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have lots & lots of fine shoulder-length hair. I have natural volume, natural waves, and I don't dye or highlight my hair, so that's natural also. It's a head of hair that many women would pine for. Unfortunately, my hair frizzes, not a little but a lot, and it needs styling to keep it in shape. I've always been a minimalist when it comes to my hair - little product, little heat, little styling, little whatever. I like a natural look, not an over-processed or over-made-up look, and I don't like to spend a lot of time on my hair. Achieving that look with minimal time & effort is sometimes difficult & tricky, but that's always been my goal ... since I was a teen.

My go-to treatments have been Biosilk Serum, a Frieda smoother and Sebastian Potion 9. I have rotated through those products for too many years to count. Unfortunately, in spite of deep conditioning hair treatments, my hair started to become unmanageable and frizzy in the last few months, and my hair care & styling routine was no longer working. I attribute this to a combination of hard water build-up and heat damage from new tools that replaced a decade-old combination blower & iron tool that finally went kaput. After going through 3 different tools to replace the original, none of which was working with my hair, I knew I needed a radical change. I swapped out my entire hair care routine -- all new products, tools and techniques. After reading many reviews & comparing prices, I decided to give Moroccan Oil a try as a finishing serum, and I chose this Garnier Fructise product over the name-brand original oil.

This is a great product that creates sleek, shiny hair. As part of my routine, I apply it to clean damp hair, in little bits from the bottom up. I let my hair air dry, and then I use jumbo hot rollers to get sleek hair that resembles a professional blowout. My natural, middle-age hair has amazing shine and highlights, which I attribute to this oil when used with the hot rollers. I get a great look with minimal effort. And no frizzies.

I usually go 3 days between shampoos, and my hair still looks sleek & shiny on day 3. Unfortunately, my hair seems to be a bit weighed down by day 3 when I use this oil. I don't think I'm using too much product - in fact, I'm using very little because my hair is so fine, even if there is lots of it. So, I think my next step is to try a dry shampoo - I think that just might rectify the issue with third day hair.

Super, super product! Such a great product for a little dough. Unfortunately, it smells like coconut & suntan oil - I could do without that but for the price I'll let that go. Otherwise I'm quite pleased and will purchase again.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by yvwiya

I absolutely love love love this on my coarse curly hair. My thirsty dry hair just sucks it up, leaving my hair soft and manageable. I used to straight iron my unmanagable hair, now I add a quarter size right after shampooing and let it dry naturally. I love my curly hair again! Thank you, Garnier!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by trolvachanah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the perfect product for my very dry, frizzy thick hair. Only a little bit of this stuff is needed and will go a long way. Much cheaper than Redken glass or Paul Mitchell skinny serum and has a tropical scent and will last a long time. One of the best drugstore hair products I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Iwantcoffee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was a Moroccan Oil die-hard until I tried this brand in a pinch. It gives the exact same results, and costs 5 bucks Canadian. What's not to love?

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No