October 26, 2014 | 969 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by paumillan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love it. Best concealer ever. The only thing us that you have to learn how to use this. I had it wrong the first time. The idea is to apply itp (it's got a liquid kind of consistency) and let it settle for about 10 minutes. Then you can use your fingers to distribute the rest thab wasn't "absorbed" by your skin. It's worth thw wait!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by gursk

Magic tube of goodness! Love the consistency of this product, as it goes on super-thin, covers well, but doesn't get caught in the fine lines around my eyes.

If I want more coverage, I do an extra layer or two and then top it off with Make Up Forever's HD Powder. The MUA powder sets this stuff beautifully and keeps my fine lines from causing creases. As I get older, I hate those tell-tale undereye cover-up creases far more than the dark circles I'm trying to hide away.

Extra tip - you may not want to bring this in your airplane carry-on. The cabin pressurization caused a bunch to leak into the cap. Didn't ruin the product or the tube, but was a bit messy & wasteful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by brookelynne2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On par with nars radiant concealer, not as thick/creamy but somehow the coverage is just as good. Totally recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by misskittycity74

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!! I discovered this item from a you tube makeup tutorial! It's very lightweight & instantly brightens the eye area! This product wakes up my face & is never cakey. Fool proof to apply. It feels nice & cool upon application. This a HG product for me. The product seems to last forever. I've had my roller for about 4 months - I use it daily, sometimes twice & it's still going strong!💕💕💕

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

***2/2014 UPDATE: I have actually come to really appreciate this product. So much so that I felt it was only fair that I update my original (pretty dismal) review and to increase the "lippies" that I feel it deserves from 2 to 4. I still find that it does not offer enough coverage to completely conceal my super-duper circles but I realized that nothing really does unless it's super-thick, super-dry & super-obvious under my eyes. The Garnier A-DCER doesn't dry-up and cake under the eyes, offers realistic coverage and is very affordable. I'm still not loving the roller-ball but it does make it easy to apply if I'm in a rush. The staying power isn't great but it's easy to reapply and no matter how many layers I add, it doesn't cake. **I've discovered that A-DCER makes for a great sheer TM/ light foundation also. For days when I want light coverage I "roll" this onto my temples, cheeks, under eyes and down nose and then blend it all over w/ a foundation brush. I usually have to dab a heavier concealer under eyes but final look is very natural. I have sensitive, break-out prone skin & this does not irritate my skin or cause acne.** Not HG for me but I now can understand why so many reviewers love this stuff!***

5/2013-ORIGINAL REVIEW: For me, this doesn't really qualify as a concealer. "Coverage" is way too sheer. I think those that love this product probably don't have much to conceal under their eyes because this does not offer much coverage. I don't care for the roller-ball applicator either. To get around it, I either rolled the product onto my finger or onto a concealer brush. For me, this doesn't cover nearly enough (I have dark, bluish-purple u/e circles). I gave it 2 lippies (instead of only 1) because it's not a horrible product & the formula is light & goes on smoothly. I think it may work well for those that just want to brighten under their eyes but don't have much to cover in terms of circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by imadesphousewife

This is probably one of the better under eye concealers I've tried. That being said, I gave it a four because it still doesn't cover my circles completely. I use it in combonation with the anti-puff roller, before AND after using foundation. Will likely not purchase again, my search continues!

Edited to add - this product does wonders for my teastained eyelids! I use it on top of WNW eyeshadow primer and can actually go without eyeshadow. Bumped it up to a five cause I've been looking forever for a product that will help with this!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by francie197

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I wasted money on Touche Eclat and undereye concealers! Although Touche Eclat does not settle into my wrinkles as bad as most, it does settle. I am not going to say that the Garnier eye roller does not settle into my fine lines, but it barely does, and it does the best job so far of any of the concealers/highlighters that I have tried of covering dark circles and brightening my undereye area.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know what everyone else is raving about; I hate this product so much. For me it was a total waste of $15 (which I consider to be fairly expensive for a drugstore brand). It makes me look about 10 years older than I am, settles into fine lines, and does not blend with my skin. It is literally one of the worst concealers I've tried. The rollerball dispenses way too much product, is imprecise, and cannot be very hygienic. An absolute disaster on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by dempsterstreet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surprised! This really works, if you expect it to do what it says, that is to brighten and de-puff the under-eye area. I use it under foundation, but I have only mild dark circles. Well, most days, anyway...
It's quite light & a thin consistency (which I love), but you still need to use a brush. Unlike some other liquid under-eye brighteners, it doesn't cake/dry out after it's "set".
I carry one around in my bag, and have one at home. The only minus I can find is the weird metal rollerball thingy. At first it was quite good, cooling and measured out a good small amount with one swipe. Now it seems to have dislodged slightly and the edge of the applicator/tube is too rough to put on the skin under my eyes.
But, this is a good,convenient and inexpensive product, I'd definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Pyretta5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this stuff. It works well even when I don't put on any other makeup and while it doesn't cover them completely, it does do a pretty good job at hiding my dark circles. The price is fantastic too. Only giving it a 4 because by the time I go to do under my second eye, I have to roll it up and down my hand a bit to get the same amount of coverage I got on the first eye.