October 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Freshwater

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Kizzy69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite MAC blue! So easy to wear, I cover the lid in shroom, the crease almost to the brow with haux and then a generous swipe of freshwater under the lower lashes. Looks great and get loads of compliments. Also, doesn't shift all day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first eyeshadow purchase from Mac and I absolutely love freshwater. I love my blues and this is a beautiful color that makes my dk. brown eyes pop. If you're a blue's kinda girl, pick this one up, you'll love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by HeatherSung

I must say that this colour looks boring in the pot. I was coaxed by the MAC SA to buy this and i thank her for pushing this into my face.

But when applied, its veluxe pearl formula makes this e/s a world of diff. This colour is great
- topping on a black e/s for a smokey eye,
- brushing this in the inner corner with a darker blue or metablu e/s on the outer corner
- veluze pearl formulas are best aplied to the mid section [where the eyeball sit]of the eye lid for extra highlight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite MAC blue eye shadow. It has amazing color pay off and blends easily, probably because it's a veluxe pearl. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance exclusively as my primer these days and I had no problems with this color on that primer. I think it makes a great crease, accent or liner color. While I mostly wear mineral makeup these days, there are still a few shades from MAC that I love, and this is one of them. If you're only going to buy one blue from MAC, this should be the blue that you buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 5:24:00 AM More reviews by jenjuliet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Completely gorgeous color, blends well, lasts all day with or without a primer. I'm in love with it. This was one of my first MAC shadows (along with Shroom, Carbon, and Humid) and while I don't wear it all that often, when I do reach for it I'm happy all day long. It works well as a liner with a neutral eye for a great pop of color, as a wash, or as an intense lid color for a night out. 'Bright summersky blue' is the perfect description too, WTG whoever does the MAC website ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

I hate to admit that blue-green are my fav colours and i own like... countless close and side by side shades of blue-green or turqoise... When i saw this freshwater colour i nearly died falling in love ... with how it looks in the pot... but itchy me, i bought it but now i am struggling how to deal with it... the colour can only go light... overdoing makes the eyes look fake and outlandish... so kinda sad...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this blue looks very intense in the pot it is not overwhelming on the skin and blends out well. Described by MAC as bright summersky blue it goes on as a lovely fresh blue without purple or greyish tones. This colour is surprisingly versatile, working well on its own, layered with greys for a softer effect, or with darker shades for a smoky eye. My current favourites for a nighttime look is Freshwater on the lid, blended to Flashtrack in the crease and Cloudburst in the outer v.

Brown-eyed girls who are looking for a versatile and easily blended blue should try this colour.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2007 8:40:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh gosh, such a pretty blue in the pan but I really don't like this eyeshadow. I'm the lone dissenter when it comes to Veluxe Pearl formulas - I think they're pigmented chalk, hard to blend, and the color just lays there. Freshwater is like that - the ceylon sapphire blue is very pretty but it's a PITA to blend. Texture is not soft, and the color just lays there flat. For the record, I'm not an e/s newbie either and I have tried this e/s with plenty of tools - MAC 224, 239, 213, 217, 222 brushes and Stila #5, 7, 9 brushes. I still give this 2 lipsticks for the pretty color in the pan but I'll never go back to MAC VPs.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by BetteDavisEyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on rec for a blue smokey-eyed look from the MAC online artist.
This is an outstanding color, very well pigmented and the color is just gorgeous a "true blue" not too deep to be a Royal Blue and not too light. Will repurchase if I ever run out. NC 42, W/ cool undertones, black hair, brown eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 12:06:00 PM More reviews by cyber_showgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A versatile true electric blue with tonnes of shimmer. Slightly translucent compared to something like electric eel, which I think is a good thing, as it can be layered up to give different effects. I would definitely repurchase.