Maybelline Wet Shine nail color [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 25-29

4.1

on 4/28/2009 8:03:00 PM

I have this product in Ballet on Ice and it's my favorite nail polish of all time! It's a beautiful neutral, but sheer and slightly pink. Not really shimmery, more creamy. This is the only nail polish that I've actually used the entire thing and had to buy a new bottle. Gives nails a very clean and "polished" look! :) It looks wet when it dries, which I love. I use this color year around and love it. My last manicure lasted more than a week with 2 coats of Ballet on Ice and one top coat of something clear. Love it! This is also a great nail color for brides. I wore it at my wedding! Perfect for vacation because it stays forever.

on 6/2/2007 4:50:00 PM

This nail polish lasted only a couple of hours on me before it started to chip and peel. My job involves working with my hands a lot, and so I don't expect any polish to last more than two days, but I was extremely disappointed in this color. I threw this in the trash as I don't want to have to paint my nails twice every day. On the plus side, it did dry very quickly.

on 11/21/2006 7:35:00 PM

I have this in Bubble Bath, too! It is my absolute favorite pale/irridescent pink polish - subtle, very appropriate for work, yet shines like crazy when the light hits it correctly. With 2 coats, the polish lasts a week on me without any chips. Best of all, it doesn't turn my nails yellow even if I don't use a basecoat. Love this!

Cutey, flirty range of nail colours, great to play and experiment with them. Shines nicely though it feels a little rough on the nail. Colour range is very good. Dries fast and doesnt wear out easily. I gave it 4 lipsticks not 5 because it is a very thick heavy composition that is very difficult to remove with solvent later, and it also tend to spot the nails a little (yellow). But overall, a good product.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I got it in Clearly Wet since I needed something to strengthen my nails but don't like the look of having done my nails, if that makes any sense. Clearly wet when used alone is perfect for a subtle wet look on nails from far, but very glossy close up, I like it.

on 2/9/2006 6:59:00 PM

Wow, Maybelline is definitely making the best drugstore nail polish these days! These wet shine polishes go one super smoothly and you can even get away with one coat if you like. It also dries quickly to a beautiful wet shine, as promised. The lasting power is about average for me, about 4-6 days, but the shine actually stays! I have this in a few colours: Plum Shine, Juicy Tomato, Cherry Rain, Succulent, and my favourite, Rainyday Red. The Wet Shine Diamonds polishes are also nice but a tad too sparkly and "young" for me (at my ripe old age of 27).

Oops, I also wanted to mention that if I use the Revlon ColorStay Always On Sealant on top of these polishes (or any, really), these stay glossy and chip-free for a longer time!

on 8/5/2005 9:37:00 AM

I have this in bubble bath, 45. It's a very frosty whitish pink. I'm not very fond of frosty colors, on nails or lips, but this one looks nice nevertheless. Still, don't expext any wet look without a top coat. I think I'll keep buying it.

on 7/25/2005 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have bought many of these polishes and love them, they last and last. In fact, the more sparkley ones are a little difficult to remove. The only thing that I don't like is that they seem to dull a bit and I think that it's because the finish can be a little rough from all of the sparkles. All in all, a great polish with a beautiful color selection. Definitely repurchase.

on 1/26/2005 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this nailpolish in
I-Scream Ivory and I love it. It is a very pale pinky nude color perfect for the base coat of a french manicure. I like to use it by itself when I want very natural looking nails. It looks shiny when applied but the shine fadesso it is good to put a clear topcoat over it.

on 9/17/2004 1:30:00 PM

I have the Wet Shine polish in Raspberry Punch. I've had it for awhile and recently did my nails with this color and it is still going strong after 5 days. I redid my nails after getting a manicure b/c the professional manicure chipped after one day. The raspberry color is fantastic. It's so bright and cheerful. I can't believe how long it's lasted. The only thing I don't love about this polish is that the brush is so darn big that it makes it difficult to put on.