September 2, 2014 | 1515 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass in Shock-O-Late

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Sadiqua81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

a girl at the MAC counter suggested this color for me, i am chocolate complected so thought she was joking and laughed...HOWEVER i did try it on at her suggestion and was surprised how nice it actually looked on me! i dont use it full strength, it does tend to really blend in but i do use it to darken up other colors or to blend with a clearer or bronze gloss. crazy thing is, HIP has a color the exact same shade for about 7 bucks less so if the price of MAC is not in your budget, there are alternatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 1:46:00 PM More reviews by dgopalan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

On its own and at full strength, this shade is absolutely horrible. Like mud/chocolate ice cream smeared all over your lips. However, when worn sheered out over a berry lipstain, the colour is ooh so gorgeous on this East Indian woman (NW43&NC45 mix) with berry shade pigmented lips. I love love love the fact that this doesn't contain any frost, shimmer etc but rather, wheen sheered out, leaves a very pretty sheen on my lips. This is my every day lip gloss and since my application is so sheer, this one tube has lasted me over 1 year. As for its lasting abilities, it does come off on coffee cups etc, however, since it is highly pigmented, what I mostly lose is the sheen rather than the actual colour. Since I am always chewing on pencils, etc, I find that I need to apply every 2 hours or so.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2007 9:17:00 PM More reviews by santra2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great reddish borwn color. Shocking at first, but very pretty and lasts quite a long time with liner. Goes well with BBQ or Chestnut liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ChocolateSauce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all can i say thanks for the recommendation... purchased this and it's looks great on my dark skin. Love the colour, the texture, the longevity and just about everything about it. I can honestly say it's my HG l/g.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2005 5:27:00 PM More reviews by shamlet16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was cleaning out my traincase trying to find almost-empty MAC stuff to take back for B2M when I came across my nearly empty shock-o-late l/g tube. It was one of the first MAC products I bought (more than five years ago) and for some reason had gotten tossed by the wayside (probably b/c I now own waaaay too much makeup to ever use up). On a whim i decided to put some on before going to dinner with my BF, and to my surprise, it looked great. I remembered thinking it was too dark for me (NC40) but now I think it gives me the perfect dark-nudish lip. Would look especially great over a goldish toned lip color, I think (plan on trying it with Tortilla Tan).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2004 12:47:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this at first but, I've tried it 2 different ways with success.

1- I lined my lips with Currant lip liner and filled in lightly and then put a tad bit of Shock-o-late and rubbed my lips together.

2- The way I currently wear it and like it is to line my lips very very lightly with Chestnut and then only fill in my bottom lip with the Shock-o-late (applying lightly) and then pressing my lips together.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2004 9:34:00 AM More reviews by aco4444

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the BEST lipglass out there. It fits me medium AfroAm skintone PERFECTLY! It's just glossy enough to have your lips shine, but it's also soft enough so that your lips don't look huge and take all the attention away from everything else...Y'know what I mean. I got one each for my closest friends for XMas and they all love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2004 12:27:00 PM More reviews by mamsypamsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was waaaay too dark for my skin. I am an NC50, and it just looks terrible. Yuck!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2004 10:43:00 PM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Far too dark a color to wear alone w/ out blending with a lighter color, but it is something I can work with with my fair skin. Looks gross and muddy in the tube, but luckily it's a rich chocolate brown the second you take the wand out and applies as such. I just need 3 dabs on my lips and then I blended w/ Prrr and it created a gorgeous deep brown pink. Not too dark for me which is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2003 11:17:00 PM More reviews by angelfeleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ooooohhhh. This color is great. Super sexy, shiny, just gorgeous. It gives my lips this punch of color that is just scrum-ditily-umptious.