July 24, 2014 | 1029 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by SarahC1086

This is my go to shadow. I can wear it on any occasion. However, in the evening, I sometimes pair it with MAC Club to make for a more dramatic look. I recommend wearing this shadow with a liquid eyeliner because of it's frosty appearance.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by asd1random

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Vex has a beautiful subtle pink and green duochrome in a pale grey, almost white base. on my olive/tan eyelids, the green duochrome doesn't show up very well, but it shows when you look at the pan in a different angle.
It has nice texture and pigmentation and lasting power is decent like a standard quality MAC eyeshadow.
I think for my coloring, I really like to use it as an inner corner highlight and occasionally I wear just this all over lid with black liner and it looks really pretty.
I if you want to only buy a select few eyeshadows from MAC I would recommend this one as it is diffcult to find something similar.

EDIT: oh I did want to say in reference to the review below me, that my lids are actually quite dark, but this doesn't look ashy on me at all!:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought Vex months ago and didn't really give it much love... and that's because I wasn't using it the way it looks best. I tried packing it on the lid, which looked horrible and I just put it in one of my palettes and left it alone since June. I decided to try it as a wash and totally loved it. Also, Vex looks gorgeous in the inner corner -- and matches just about any look, but my favorite is with a purple smokey eye and Vex in the inner corner. Will definitely repurchase! Check out my blog for pictures:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), gray blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I really like Vex and have used it alot since purchasing. To me, it is a complex silver gray shimmer. I don't worry about if the duochrome shows up upon application, as I didn't purchase it having that expectation. I really enjoy using it as a highlight color for my inner eye corners, especially as a way to lighten up smokey eye looks. It is subtle and sophisticated, looks great during the day too. Much more complimentary and less harsh and dramatic looking than a true silver. I know I will wear this shadow until I hit pan, and it is a wonderful addition to my other highlight shade, MAC's Dazzlelight.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Smashin31385

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love vex! Looks pinkish-green but very versatile. I usually use this on the inner corners to open up my eyes. Can be a bit too light on my skin by itself, i use it with Club and holy whoa

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by elmoroque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eye shadow of my whole collection. It has pink, silver, blue, green some beige tone to it. My go to look is Vex all over the lid and Shale along the lash line and outer v. Then, I apply black eye liner and mascara. Purple/plum color of Shale brings pink and blue tone of Vex. So beautiful! It has color but at the same time very natural, and work appropriate! I got so many compliments from girl friends, guy friends and even random guys whenever I wear my eye make up like that lol. FYI, I have dark brown hair, brown eyes with very pale skin. (I believe NC15 in MAC)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by LGel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this colour. Looks silver/light green/light pink depending on how the light hits it. It's a very light colour, so for those of you with fair skin, just be cautious of that. I have extremely fair skin (NC15) and I love this colour. It'll depending on what you're looking for. This can be used as a great highlighter and/or for all over the lid. It builds nice too. It's not a coolour I use everyday, but it's a colour I'm glad I have in my makeup bag.

When I run out, I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Vex eyeshadow. Frost finish. Cool tone. Duo-chrome. Looks pale gray in the pan. Reflects light pink or light green depending on what you pair it up with. A truly amazing chameleon. Compliments my eyes really well. I put it all over lid with some light brown in the crease+outer corner for everyday look. For a night out- I pair it up with silvery gray Knight Divine and some black eyeshadow. It looks so different in these two looks I can barely believe it. Love it. Another must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Layni1006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So obviously this has been reviewed to death, but I had to add my two cents because this is the only shadow out of the hundreds I own that I will use up and repurchase. I pair this with everything! Some Mac shadows I pair it with are Nocturnelle, Knight Divine, Trax and Club. It completely morphs to match nearly everything I use it with. With Nocturnelle and Trax, the pink highlights really come out. With Club, you see more green. And layered over Knight Divine, it creates an amazing black pearl effect. Anytime I have a bright shadow and I don't know what to pair it with, I reach for Vex. Favorite MAC shadow, hands down!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the only three eyeshadows I have actually ever repurchased (not counting colors in palettes!) On me it is a warmish light gray, and brightens up my eyes well. Blends super easily, and also works well as a highlighter for the inner corner of the eye if I am using grays, purples, or greens. Also works well with Club for a pretty easy smokey eye.