October 20, 2014 | 1960 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by staci13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this since 2002 when I saw it sitting on a friends bathroom countertop and I decided I needed to get my own since I had always loved my friends natural yet sophisticated eyeshadow look. The packaging is what can be expected from CoverGirl, the price and availability are good. As other users have remarked, this is not the most pigmented eyeshadow trio. That isn't an issue for me, as I do like the color that is imparted. I tend to use the middle color most, and always hit the pan on that color before the others, if I ever even hit the pan on the other colors before buying a new set. The colors are smooth and blend nicely and have decent staying power, that is easily improved with an eyeshadow primer. I would recommend this for someone who likes to wear makeup, but doesn't like the look of being overly made up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I believe that Every woman should have this trio in their makeup kit. They are beautiful neutral shades that compliment most skin tones with a pretty flush of shimmer that can be worn daily. Don't let the shimmer part scare you. Its on the neutral side so your not gonna look like a disco ball. I have always been a big time eye-shadow junkie since high school and have quite a collection..but this one will always be in my makeup bag for sure!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't believe the hype, if you want this to show up, you'll have to pack it on and even then it's sheer. These eyeshadows have very little pigmentation! I was so disappointed. WetnWild trios have phenomenal pigmentation and cost almost half as these $2.99 vs $5.79 Seriously, don't waste your money on this crap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this for days when I want a natural look. It gives an amazing glow to my eye area and blends fairly well, though I don't care for the sponge tip applicator. It basically sucks and doesn't help with blending. All I need is mascara or eyeliner to add more depth and I'm set. It is very affordable and can be used to highlight

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a cool toned palette, which looks nice on my blue eyes. However, the shadows are too soft and blend out to the same shade. Hardly any pigmentation. Same issues as with the Cafe Au Lait trio.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Beautiful cool toned everyday neutrals:

-Left shade is the warmest of all 3, bronze brown with gold shimmer
-Middle is a soft taupe, with silver shimmer (most wearable for me)
-Right is a pearlescent pink, appears silver on me

I use the Left in my crease & outer v, the middle as all over lid & right as a higlight under my brows & inner tear ducts. I've used the Left shade under my lower lash to smudge as liner, the middle shade alone as a wash of color, & the right on the bridge of my nose & cupids bow so MULTI FUNCTIONAL.

When I first tried this trio I was disappointed at the pigmentation & wondered how tan/dark skin girls raved of it since it barely showed on my NC25 skin. Then I realized its meant for a daytime, soft, barely there look, to enhance effortless beauty. If your looking for a smokey, bang, cut crease look this isn't for you. This palette has grown on me & I keep it in my purse/car to touch up & get a quick polished look. 3 simple shades in 1, very handy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally bit the bullet and bought the infamous Shimmery Sands trio in the latest Cover Girl packaging (the slim flat grey rectangular compacts). I'm glad this isn't the first Cover Girl eyeshadow I've ever tried as the line has some small gems here and there. When I swatch this on my hand the colors are lovely basic neutrals, decently pigmented, not too glittery or overly frosty and looks like an eye brightening set of colors... Unfortunately when applied to my eyes, it's just shimmering with no sands. I can keep building on the shimmer and never see much color as if all the shades are really close to the natural colors (and contour colors) of my eyelids... It's bizarre.

I have found that I can make this trio work by playing with various eyeshadow bases (white, bronze, brown, etc). This method will get the colors to show up on my complexion more but unfortunately due to that type of hassle I can't see myself repurchasing this. I can understand the popularity of this trio because it's quite fool proof even if you're not great at application. It probably shows up better on those with super fair complexions or much darker complexions. I'm a MAC NC15/Covergirl Classic Ivory for reference.

P.S. Shimmering Sands is really similar to Wet n Wild "Walking on Eggshells" trio (which is actually a set of shadows I can use with no problems or requirement for colored bases, these two trios don't look that similar in the pan but when swatched on the skin the colors are like sisters). The shades are very similar except the Wet n Wild is a tad frostier however much more pigmented and a few bucks cheaper at $3.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great d/s neutral eye shadow(s). I'm 30yrs old w/ fair, oily skin, & believe it or not, this was the color I wore on my eyes EVERY DAY in HighSchool & now 12yrs later I still love it! Seems like CG's eye shadow's are either not pigmented at all or pigmented beautifully - no inbetween & it's totally hit or miss (I know this b/c I've bought other CG e/s & thrown them str8 in the garbage!) But this is one of the great ones, & yes, over the years I've strayed to other e/s - some even higher end, but I have to admit this is pretty great. I wear all 3 colors in this trio when I'm doing the "natural makeup look" or if I want to do a "bold lip" kinda look :) The lightest/pink shade can even be used as a face highlighter in a pinch! (for someone fair skinned like I am at least!) Not to mention it really is DIRT cheap! It's great :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by kaltblutig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. I remember this trio being one of the first one I have ever owned, like 12 years ago, and here I am, buying it again!

After years of buying all kinds of crazy unflattering colors, I am back to neutrals and I realise that i don,t actually need 15 different colors: I am not a make up artist. And between you and me: i can barely differentiate between this or that shade of beige/brown/neutral.

All that being said: this little CG trio is perfect for my needs: I want my eyes to look less tired and subtly defined, without the makeup overpowering my face. These colors do just that. Of course, the color payoff is not amazing, but it is still great for 7,00$CDN. This trio is perfect for everyday.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Alliep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my second favorite powdered eye shadow.
The colors compliment my dark hair and skin color.
I use the darker brown on the outer half of my eyelid, and then use the shimmery light brown on the inner half of my eyelid.
Lastly, I use a small cosmetic brush and use the lightest color for under the eyebrow.
If these colors came as loose eye shadow, they could very well be my favorite eye shadow.