July 22, 2014 | 1697 users online

Palettes - Bobbi Brown - Nude on Nude Shimmerwash Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was always very interested in this nude palette and so a lady helped me to create a subtle pretty look using the eyeshadow and I have to say I thought my eyes were so gorgeously done. it wasn't too obvious but it really helped create depth in my eyes..so I love it! I put the lightest color all over my lids, use metallic eyeshadow on my crease and use a darker eyeshadow in the outer and it looks fabulous. It's quite expensive but you can dress up/ down with it. HG eyeshadow :D

Btw: will not show up on darker skins. I am NC20 and it shows up on me well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by kisa_nw

I bought this product almost 2 years ago to get rid of some foreign currency on a plane ride. I have used it basically everyday since and have barely made a dent in it. I have extremely pale skin and I find the colours show up nicely, I love the nude shade in my crease for a natural look with some smudged mahogany shadow liner. Maybe the nudes aren't all that different, but I can create a variety of different hued nude looks, and am able to mix a perfect brow shade with this product. If you're looking for something shimmery or glittery I wouldn't recommend this product though, it's not really shimmery at all. Bobbi Brown is definitely eyeshadow HG for me, I couldn't live without this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2005 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Mlalak

I only baught this product for the Nude color. I use it on my crease with the Bone shimmer wash as a highlighter. It gives a very no-makeup-but very-pretty look. the beiges were very similar to eachother. However, I thinkl BB should make the Nude color on it's own- I would buy a million of them!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2005 1:12:00 AM More reviews by sashababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Truly love at first sight when I saw this on BB's website, and waited for over a month for it to come to Taiwan. Other MUAers have complained about the colors but this is what this palette is all about : something to wear when you want that sheer un-made-up look and people haven't a clue you're wearing es but compliment you on your eyes. On my light Asian skin I see noticeable differences between the four shimmerwash shades ; nude is closest to my skin color, a Dior #200 YSL #4 with warm undertones, what it gives me is a smoothed-over look while wheat is a tad darker but still very neutral, a good crease color to add depth ; woodrose is the prettiest in my opinion, with muted dusty pink undertones leaning towrds taupe ; cement has visible taupe/grey undertones which ruins the barely-there look if I wear this during daytime. Mahogany is a good liner, especially for the outer V, creating a subtle "are you earing eyeliner or not?" look, since applied dry it's close to the color of my original lashline. If you want something that gives a dimensional look to your face, you should get the Face palette for eyes and cheeks in Indigo, I have this also because when I went to get N on N shimmer the MA was wearing this and I adored how this palette opened up her eyes. BTW, shimmer = glowy not sparkly, so if you're looking for visible specks of glitter skip this! Would definitely repurchase but I doubt that I would need to since a little goes a long way :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2005 3:43:00 AM More reviews by princess101

Blah. There is nothing exciting about this palette at all. While I love the packaging (sleek black case with a full-size mirror), the colors were ok. They are all very similar in color and I couldn't tell the difference between them once applied to my lids. While the colors did compliment my skin tone, and did a nice job of brightening my area without a garish glitter, it just wasn't all that i had expected it to be. I could've purchases just one shadow that would've done the same as all four shimmer shadows. All in all, I will not repurchase this particular palette, but maybe others.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2005 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Hedonic_Devotion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this palette at the BB counter, thinking that it would make a nice companion to my HG e/s, BB shimmerwash in Fawn. NOPE!!! Although the colors looked great in the palette, many of the colors look IDENTICAL when applied. The Wheat and Woodrose, in particular...I cannot tell the difference between the two when they are applied side by side on my skin!!! Oh, and btw, I'm a VERY PPP/LLL (check out my pix to see for yourself!). The only way I could get these colors to significantly show up on me was to apply them all wet, and to layer more and more of all the colors on top of each other until I can obtain a sort of light, grey-ish brown color. Uuugh, I feel ripped-off. Well, at least the brushes it comes with are nice...oh, wait...I already have 20 million brushes just like them. The Mahogany (dark brown non-shimmer shade) is nice -- I do like that, and I like the highlighter-type color the palette comes with (Nude). I don't like the thickness of the palette, either...why is it twice as thick as the Ski Slopes palette??? The sleek black case, although bulky, is very pretty, though, and the mirror is very nice (and huge), which is a plus. If the colors were better in this palette, it would be quite a bargain, IMO. I'll see how these colors stand up to the office fluorescent lighting tomorrow...perhaps they'll do better there. I'll update if my opinion changes, but until then, better luck next time, Bobbi!! ***********UPDATE**********
ok, so my opinion HAS changed....my DH accidentally threw away the packaging/bag/receipt for the palette, so since i was stuck with it, i decided to use it. then it hit me: what if i used this with an e/s base? well, i did -- and i adore the results!!! i actually used my old aveda moisture + tint as a base, since it is so...sticky-ish. so, in conclusion: do NOT wear this without a GOOD e/s base, otherwise you'll hate it! :o) PS -- i *might* actually buy this again...we'll see.... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2005 7:11:00 PM More reviews by vina501

This is my ideal eyeshadow palette. There are so many looks possible with this.
All of the colors are great and I like that there is a liner color included. I had never used BB shimmer eyeshadow, it is so pretty and not at all glittery. I love the quality of BB eyeshadows and this palette is something that I use everyday. I would definitely recommend this if you like neutral eye colors. continued >>