MAC Velvet - Mulch

Filtered by age: 18 & Under

4.4

on 7/11/2013 8:02:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow, however I do feel like it could be a tad more pigmented and less glittery but I will still use it because it is great!

on 11/28/2012 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I find that this is one of the easiest colors you can get away with wearing alone. This is like a perfect everyday color. Its really easy to blend and stays a long time. I still find it creases but that may be just my lids.
Also I want to say that I'm not at all a massive fan of MAC nor do I have money to burn on there overpriced products but I will give it to them on this one since this is one of my favorite shadows I have from them and this is actually the first color I got from them years ago and I don't believe I've hit pan. So.. If you are looking for a beautiful brown color I recommend this to everyone (all eye colors look amazing in this!!)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Target out of all places now supplies M.A.C Cosmetics! I bought this one at target for $19 AUD and it is sooo good! The colour is a dark brown with gold specks and a coppery undertone. Its so pigmented and just a great all rounder brown. This is perfect if you love neutral eyeshadows. You should definitely add this one to your collection!

on 3/31/2012 3:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I loveeeee this eyeshadowwww! It looks so gorgeous on my NC30-NC35 skintone! I wear it everyday, even when I'm in a hurry. I wear Urban Decay's primer potion in Eden, just put some white eyeshadow on the inner corner, this all over, and black eyeshadow on the outer corner, blend it out and I'm good to go.

You can make it look natural, you can make it can look dramatic, it's a very flexible, versatile bronzy brown color. A great brown for people who prefer more natural, earthy colors. The shimmer doesn't show up as much on my skin, and it looks like a matte eyeshadow sometimes, which is perfectly fine with me. It's buildable, neutral color that is easy to work with.

on 2/20/2012 1:57:00 AM

I didn't really care for this color. I felt like I had to use a lot of other colors to boost it. I wore this to my junior prom and it was okay but I used a lot of other products to boost the color. It could just be because I'm not a make up guru but I wasn't totally impressed.

on 9/16/2011 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is a smokey neutral dark brown, suitable for a lot of skin tones. It brings out the cold tones of my grey eyes and works wonderfully as an everyday shade. I love it with a satiny champagne and black eyeliner. It's definitely not an unique shade, and it's overly priced since it's from MAC, but it's still a great staple.

on 8/25/2011 6:15:00 PM

I LOVE this eyeshadow...i'm just gonna put that out there. It's the perfect brown that not too cool/warm for my NW15 skin. It has a bit of shimmer which is nice and blends quite easily. It has the perfect mix of bronze and red to bring out my blue/green eyes. It is also so versatile as I can put it in the crease for a subtle look or on the lid for a smokey brown look. I highly recommend this to anyone!!

on 8/2/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This eye hadow is the most beautiful colour i have in my mac palette soo far, Im a dark skinned girl and when i apply it it looks so bronze and beautiful i can apply it with a light high light colour in the inner tear duct and its the perfect eye look. I've recently purchased this eye shadow and i've already fallen in love, i think i will hit pan soon with this eye shadow cause i've used it nearly everyday.

on 7/23/2011 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is just SOO ordinary its CRAZY, i have wet n wild eyeshadows that are much longer wearing and more pigmented as well!
Its very hard to work with, and its just basically a smokey dark brown, hard to work with eyeshadow, with shimmer sparkles in it, that doesn't show. Ridicilous price, and overated.

on 6/23/2011 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Damn. I wanted to love this eyeshadow. Unfortunately, I hate it. I'm aware that "hate" is a strong word... but I hate it. I researched a lot before buying it and due to impatience, I didn't swatch it in a store before buying. I thought it would be a perfect warm brown, but on me, it's an awful dirty-brown-orange colour. I can only just make it work by adding a tiny bit to warm up cooler browns. The texture, however, is lovely.

I hate to bring down the rating. I know it's a much-loved eyeshadow by many people, and this is evident from it's high ratings and good reviews, but Mulch just wasn't for me.