Essence of Beauty Synthetic Fiber Eye Liner Brush

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/25/2008 12:11:00 AM

I also got the the package where you get 2 brushes in one - the angled eye liner brush and the dome eye liner brush. I love these brushes especially the angled one! I bought these on my college student budget a few years back expecting to have to replace them when I got some more money, but so far they've been amazing and I'm so glad I tried these before more expensive brushes. I use the angled brush to apply eyeshadow (wet or dry) as eye liner and the domed one to apply shadow/highlighter under my eye. Lovely find!

I'm reviewing the package where you get 2 brushes in one: the angled eye liner brush and the dome eye liner brush. Since these are synthetic, you don't have to worry about shedding issues. You can get a medium to thick line. In my opinion, I think these brushes are excellent for L'Oreal Hip Cream Eyeliners but average for MAC fluidlines because they pick up more product (MAC is softer than L'Oreal). I took off one lippie because you have to wash these brushes after each use due to the build up. I alternate between EoB and the MAC 266 brush. If you're on a budget and you love cream eye liners, I highly recommend EoB.

on 1/20/2008 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really get great results with this brush on my upper lid. I use it with HIP cream liners and love how easy it is to make a very subtle line or a nice thick one - though I don't like superthick lines, so my definition of thick may not be the same as that of some other people. This brush does not work as well to line my lower waterline as the Sonia Kashuk slanted tip liner brush, though, so I use that one for that instead. Overall a great little brush at a wonderful price. Try it out!

on 1/20/2008 12:03:00 PM

Just a heads up that my CVS store is clearing these out for 75 cents, so if you want extras, you may want to grab them now. :P

This is a decent enough brush. I was looking for something to use with my HiP creme liners since I can't stand the little brushes that come with them. I wish the bristles were a little stiffer so I could get a darker, closer line, but for 75 cents, I can't really complain.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am reviewing the brushes that came in two in one package, with a angled brush and a rounded brush. I purchased this mostly for the angled brush since I just got fluidline and it works perfectly with it and easily delivers a slight wing effect. the rounded brush is really useless for anything eye-related but makes a grea concealer brush. this was a really great deal because I didn't even expect a 2 for 1 deal. I only review brushes after I wash them and have not noticed any shedding

on 12/4/2007 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this brush, I wear gel or cream e/l almost everyday and this works perfectly.

on 10/6/2007 1:16:00 AM

I have other Essence of Beauty brushes (for face) and they shed a lot so I wasn't expecting much from it but it proved me wrong. I am surprised with this brush! I finally got a Mac "blacktrack" fluidline and was worried that I had to shell out more money to buy a brush for it (I was actually about to place my order!) and decided to give it a try with this brush and it worked great that it inspired me to write a review ASAP. I used to use the brush for Mac liquidlast (point black = goopy).

Here's my experience using this brush with both liners (so far):

PROS:

- With both liners I have great control of the line thickness (starts out thin). Before this brush I was using Urban Decay flat eyeliner brush but the bristles weren't in great condition anymore.

- I'm not sure if they changed the brush because I've read reviews that it has another brush on the other end or something? Well, I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't like that, but it came with another brush called "domed eye liner" which I use for concealer instead and works great and they were really cheap!

-Also, they come in a plastic pouch-like case that closes so they're safe even in a traincase.

CONS:

- The problem when using this brush with liquidlast is that you have to clean right away before doing another coat since the formula is too goopy and sticks to the brush. So it would take me a long time to line my eyes... but with my fluidline is really quick, which is why I bought it in the 1st place. Also, the color stays on the bristles (which are white) especially if you let it dry for a while (like I do cause I have to run, lol) so it takes a little while to clean up but it eventually comes off with my mac brush cleanser.

-The lines are not very very sharp, but they're good anyhow. The packaging itself says that it's for a "softer line" (compared to pencil).

-Also, it's a little difficult to do a thick cat eye (since the brush is not stiff,) it takes me a lot of time and I have to keep fixing it with a q-tip and makeup remover. Instead, I now use a felt tip applicator from another eyeliner.

Overall it's working great! I still have to see how it works after some time/more usage... and will update!

***1st update: I'm having problems making a thick line using this brush and the fluidline (gel liner) :(

on 8/25/2007 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

great brush, great price, it is fantastic! i love it more than my smashbox e/l brush, and it is just as good as my tony and tina brushes (which are as close to perfect as a brush could be!)
these are on sale at CVS buy one get one 50% off, so even better deal. they work well with my mac fluidlines, stila smudgepots and my bb gel eyeliners. they are fantastic! what a great find!

on 7/10/2007 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Best liner brush and you cannot beat the price. Works wonderfully with my fluidlines along with powder liners. I have no idea why I gave my other one away...but def. will continue to buy.

on 7/7/2007 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wasn't thrilled with this one and returned it. I found that the eyeliner didn't adhere nearly as well to these synthetic fibers as my natural fiber brushes. Wasted lots of product and never achieved the look I'm accustomed to. Disappointed because I had high hopes. Great price, even better at two for one at CVS when on sale. Oh well.

Top Rated Essence of Beauty Products