Coola


image 0image 1image 2image 3image 4image 5image 6image 7image 8image 9image 10image 11

3.7

30 products

141 reviews

60% would repurchase

Recent Coola Reviews

BB Cream -Coola -Rōsilliance Organic BB+ Cream SPF 30

on 6/15/2018 12:55:00 AM

For like the hundredth time, I haven't been able to post a review on Sephora.com (despite being a Rouge member), so am grateful that MUA allows honest reviews.

Pros: 70% organic ingredients (although many of Coola sunblock products are not environmentally friendly or reef-safe) and great smell.

Cons: Wow--this product made my skin break out! I'm in my mid-40s and rarely ever break out, but I had a strong allergic reaction to this product. Maybe the scent? My skin isn't particularly sensitive, so I'm surprised I had this reaction. At $52, this is also an incredibly expensive BB. I usually only use BBs in the summer, so not worth it for me. It's also in a glass bottle (both a pro and a con). I wanted this BB for travel, so glass packaging won't work for me. Returned this and purchased Dr. Jart+ BB. It contains more toxic ingredients, but it's tried and a true.



Sunscreen -Coola -Sport Continuous Spray SPF 30 - Tropical Coconut

on 6/10/2018 6:21:00 PM

foto

If I could give this sunscreen zero stars I would. While it claims to have "70% + certified organic ingredients," the other 30% are terrible for you, carcinogenic and bad for the environment: Avobenzone, Octinoxate, Octisalate, and Octocrylene. It's also ranked very low by the Environmental Working Group (EWG), a great site for determining how toxic or healthy the cosmetics you put on your skin are. Wish I had known all of this before I ordered it. Plus on top of everything, it's incredibly expensive.

1 of 1 people found this helpful.


Sunscreen -Coola -Coola Makeup Setting Spray spf 30

I’m just happy to find something silicone-free that contains SPF, that’s super-easy to reapply during the day. I hate the smell (but it fades quickly), it stings a little at first, and the pump spray isn’t exactly as fine as I would prefer. But despite all of that, I’m extremely pleased with this product. It protects my skin, and doesn’t break me out (a rare combination!).


Primer/ Corrector -Coola -Dawn Patrol Classic Primer

on 6/3/2018 6:32:00 AM

The Coola Dawn Patrol® SPF 30 Makeup Primer Sunscreen is a nice way to combine two makeup steps in one combining the use of a primer and your daily sunscreen. I like the efficiency of a primer sunscreen because it makes it easier to add a sunscreen into my routine and gives me no excuses to using a daily SPF. This primer sunscreen just wasn't for me though. This is a chemical sunscreen, I tend to prefer mineral/physical sunscreens for a couple of reasons, I have sensitive skin and sometimes the chemical sunscreens can make my skin itchy, specifically on days when I sweat more than normal, and I dislike how some chemical sunscreens smell. Coola has highly fragranced the Dawn Patrol Primer which does cover up the chemical scent but does not dissipate. I could see how if you have more oily skin this primer might work well because it has a silcone texture to it which helps mattify and blur pores. For me I prefer Coola's Daydream (mineral SPF in this primer) Makeup Primer Sunscreen to the Dawn Patrol Makeup Primer Sunscreen. The Daydream Primer is unscented and a mineral/physical sunscreen which is why I prefer it. My video review can be seen here:



1 of 1 people found this helpful.


Primer/ Corrector -Coola -Daydream Mineral Primer SPF 30

on 6/2/2018 2:02:00 PM

foto

The Coola Daydream Mineral SPF 30 Makeup Primer Sunscreen applies like a dream over hydrated skin and does a great job leaving a nice matte canvas for foundation and makeup. This primer does have a slight white cast but once foundation is applied over it this is camouflaged quite well. I love a good two in one product, and this makes using sunscreen just as easy as applying your normal makeup primer and leaves no good excuse for not using sunscreen. This definitely extends the wear time of foundation by at least two or three hours. My other thoughts using this is that it reminds me a lot of the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. The texture and application of it is quite similar. The Coola Daydream Primer isn't cheap, but it is more affordable than the full size Hourglass Veil Primer. Plus, the Coola Daydream Primer is an SPF of 30 while the Hourglass Veil Primer is an SPF of 15. My video review and swatches can be seen here:



1 of 1 people found this helpful.


Back to Top